The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Just dive into The Silmarillion and be amazed
It's definitely not for everyone because the writing style is something that many people I've recommended it to have said they could just not get into at all.

That's one thing. That the book has plenty of inspiring and downright epic stuff in it is another.

I know but people need to want to read the book to see what epic stuff is in it. I like the Silmarillion for its content but its writing style if far from engaging, which makes re-reading it such a chore sometimes.

Well, it's a pity Tolkien never got to finish The Silmarillion. I think we might've gotten something with a clearer narrative.

The Silmarillion was supposed to be a bird’s-eye view at the history of Middle-Earth, not an eye-witness account like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Ace
‘Lord of The Rings’ Series at Amazon Casts Will Poulter
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lord-o ... ssion=true
Will Poulter has been cast in one of the show’s lead roles, Variety has learned exclusively from sources. The exact nature of Poulter’s character is being kept under wraps. Variety reported in July that Australian actress Markella Kavenagh was in talks for a role in the series as well.

Amazon declined to comment. Reps for Poulter did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

For Poulter, the role is a huge win as it was one of the more coveted jobs in town for young actors. He has already had a strong year, with lead roles in Netflix’s acclaimed interactive “Black Mirror” movie “Bandersnatch” and the Ari Aster horror pic “Midsommar. Prior to that, Poulter was known for lead roles in “The Maze Runner” franchise, “The Revenant,” and “Detroit.”

He's gotta be an elf, I can't really picture him playing another race.

I think he's actually playing
a younger Elrond, I mean, come on, look at him!

Lol

0_0