The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
they think young Aragorn is a draw when in reality just the Tolkien or LOTR name is more than enough

I mean fuck, they could make the whole series about an Ent and it'll still do well

actually now that I think of it

Following an extensive search, Amazon Studios has tapped JD Payne and Patrick McKay (Star Trek 4, Jungle Cruise) to develop its forthcoming big-budget take on Lord of the Rings. Jennifer Salke, who made the announcement Saturday during her debut as head of Amazon Studios at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour, stopped short of saying Payne and McKay would serve as writers or showrunners.

"The rich world that J.R.R. Tolkien created is filled with majesty and heart, wisdom and complexity," longtime friends and writing partners Payne and McKay said in a joint statement. "We are absolutely thrilled to be partnering with Amazon to bring it to life anew. We feel like Frodo, setting out from the Shire, with a great responsibility in our care — it is the beginning of the adventure of a lifetime.”

McKay and Payne met on the debate team in high school more than two decades ago. They wrote Paramount's Star Trek 4 for producer J.J. Abrams and adapted Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt feature Jungle Cruise for Disney. The duo also set up their original 2017 Blacklist drama script Escape with Oscar-nominated producer Mike DeLuca.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ce=twitter

Director of Meet the Feebles and The Frighteners.

m4st4 wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 1:11 am
I legit have never heard of either of these movies.

anikom15 wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 2:53 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 1:11 am
I legit have never heard of either of these movies.
Those are movies Peter Jackson made before LotR