Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:
solo2001 wrote: Image

Although i'll admit i'm skeptical. The only think they've proven themselves with is Star Trek (seriously, their imdb is pretty atrocious), and it was only great because it was basically Star Wars. :lol:

And the 3D's not exactly giving me hope either.
3D doesn't inherently degrade a films quality. It just so happens that nearly every 3D film has had a shit script to begin with. :lol:

But, we'll get past that with The Hobbit, Star Trek 2, and The Amazing Spider-Man... I hope. 2012 should be a good year.
Agreed. Here's hoping that 2012 rocks! :thumbup:

God, let 2012 come ASAP, gonna be an amazing year

Crazy Eight wrote: 3D doesn't inherently degrade a films quality. It just so happens that nearly every 3D film has had a shit script to begin with. :lol:

But, we'll get past that with The Hobbit, Star Trek 2, and The Amazing Spider-Man... I hope. 2012 should be a good year.
lol, I just mean it doesn't exactly add to my excitement. ;)

It’s hard to believe that only 45 years have passed since the world was officially introduced to the crew of the Starship Enterprise (a.k.a. USS Enterprise, NCC-1701) in Gene Roddenberry’s original Star Trek TV series.

Terms like “phaser” and “red shirt,” as well as phrases such as “Live long and prosper” or “Beam me up, Scotty!” (which was never said on the original Trek show) are now so commonly used in everyday vernacular that even those who consider themselves anti-Trekkies immediately recognize their significance.

Star Trek icons William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy each turned 80 this year… and yet, they can still send a sci-fi/comic book/all-things-nerdy convention into a frenzy just by showing up and waving at the crowds. Heck, Nimoy doesn’t even have to physically appear in a movie to get people excited (see: his providing the vocals for Sentinel Prime in Transformers: Dark of the Moon). Such is the sustaining power of the Star Trek phenomena.

To commemorate the occasion, Space.com has released a well-designed infographic that effectively encapsulates all the major events in Trek history. It also briefly touches on some of the more significant developments in the areas of both real-life space exploration and science-fiction cinems have occurred over the past five decades or so – for additional historic perspective.

Considering how underused Eric Bana was in the first film, this doesn't get me that excited.

-Vader

I have mixed feelings of the first outing...and a large part of the problem is Chris Pine. He's insufferable. :thumbdown:

Paraphrased from @KrollJVar's STAR TREK 2 story: 'Insiders believe DEL TORO will be playing someone familiar to Trekkies.' USE YOUR HEADS...
Any Trekkies have a guess on who he might be playing?