The Great Gatsby (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Great Gatsby? HA! More like, The Great PHATSBY! LOL
I should see this.
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:The Great Gatsby? HA! More like, The Great PHATSBY! LOL
I should see this.
I would have hated it at 16. But then, you're cooler than I was at that age.

Sandy wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:The Great Gatsby? HA! More like, The Great PHATSBY! LOL
I should see this.
I would have hated it at 16. But then, you're cooler than I was at that age.
You musta been pretty fuckin lame, than
Sigs???

Sandy wrote:
Durden wrote:I disliked the Jay z song, and especially the Beyonce song. I loved both Lena del Ray, and Florence and the Machine, so great.
Lana and Florence fit PERFECTLY. Two great scenes.
I liked Over the Love a lot better than Young and Beautiful before I saw the film, now I like them the same.
I also grew quite fond of the end credits song which was Together I believe.

07202012 wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Lana and Florence fit PERFECTLY. Two great scenes.
I liked Over the Love a lot better than Young and Beautiful before I saw the film, now I like them the same.
I also grew quite fond of the end credits song which was Together I believe.
To be honest, Young and Beautiful is a bit overused in the film but I still like it. Over the Love is just magical.

Anyone else laugh when the random old school Jay Z came on in one brief snippet (scene where the African Americans are dancing in a car)... so random but total Bazzarific.

I actually had a dream last night where i went to see this. Strange since i had no interest in this and wasn't planning on seeing it but now i kind of want to.
Fucking Baz Luhrmann using inception to advertise his damn movie in my dreams :lol:

RabidBEBOP wrote:I actually had a dream last night where i went to see this. Strange since i had no interest in this and wasn't planning on seeing it but now i kind of want to.
Fucking Baz Luhrmann using inception to advertise his damn movie in my dreams :lol:
Cobb has been busy :-D
Say Girl

I've just returned from the cinema!

AMAZING! Baz Luhrmann did an amazing job. As I was seeing the movie, I remembered how much I loved the book.

Leo was incredible, as always. He was born to be Gatsby! I remember passing the pages of the book imagining DiCaprio in the role. At first I was not sure about Carey as Daisy (I don't know why because I consider her a very talented actress...) but she was great too! (Though I hate her character! :evil:) Tobey was so fitting as Nick. I remember that one of the things that I did not like about the book was that Nick Carraway was there to be narrator and to bring Daisy and Gatsby back together. But this thing was well managed in the movie.
I didn't like the Jay Z song on this but well, apart from that, it was an incredible and fresh adaptation.

Sadly, I saw it on 2D, because there where no 3D functions here in Mar del Plata. All the 3D rooms where occupied with Iron Man 3 :eh:

Octaviana wrote:I've just returned from the cinema!

AMAZING! Baz Luhrmann did an amazing job. As I was seeing the movie, I remembered how much I loved the book.

Leo was incredible, as always. He was born to be Gatsby! I remember passing the pages of the book imagining DiCaprio in the role. At first I was not sure about Carey as Daisy (I don't know why because I consider her a very talented actress...) but she was great too! (Though I hate her character! :evil:) Tobey was so fitting as Nick. I remember that one of the things that I did not like about the book was that Nick Carraway was there to be narrator and to bring Daisy and Gatsby back together. But this thing was well managed in the movie.
I didn't like the Jay Z song on this but well, apart from that, it was an incredible and fresh adaptation.

Sadly, I saw it on 2D, because there where no 3D functions here in Mar del Plata. All the 3D rooms where occupied with Iron Man 3 :eh:

If you get a chance to see it in 3D for a second viewing I highly recommend it. It really adds so much to being sucked into the world that Baz created.

I didn't see it in 3D either, it gives me a headache. I might see MOS in it though, depending on the reviews. :think:
Octaviana wrote:
I didn't like the Jay Z song on this.
Not many on here, have liked it. Myself included, but the music overall was good.