Brave (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Highland_3 wrote:I love Pixar films (apart from Cars 2, which was dreadful) so I'm looking forward to this. A few people in the North of Scotland (local radio mainly) were getting excited over a character being named after a Highland town.

Looks good though. The animation is very nice.
You go Glasgow! :twothumbsup: Yup, looks splendid, textures, colors, everything. And jokes are well placed.

Brave is in my Top 2 for 2012 :twothumbsup:

GO Girl! Go Pixar!

I feel so torn apart about this movie, I want to see this because it looks amazing and it also has first main female character in Pixar but all the behind the scenes drama really made me angry and just makes not want to see it at all in theatres, I guess i'll make my decision in June :/

Ema Skye wrote:I feel so torn apart about this movie, I want to see this because it looks amazing and it also has first main female character in Pixar but all the behind the scenes drama really made me angry and just makes not want to see it at all in theatres, I guess i'll make my decision in June :/
:eh: What behind the scenes drama?

m4st4 wrote:
Ema Skye wrote:I feel so torn apart about this movie, I want to see this because it looks amazing and it also has first main female character in Pixar but all the behind the scenes drama really made me angry and just makes not want to see it at all in theatres, I guess i'll make my decision in June :/
:eh: What behind the scenes drama?
Brenda Chapman was the original director for Brave and practically worked on it for six years with the original story being a developing relationship between mother and daughter, which she said herself that she got through personal experiences with her own daughter. Then suddenly a year or two ago Pixar drops her due to "creative differences" but still puts her name as a co-director so Pixar wont be seen in a bad light. It personally made me mad because as a fellow female who wants to pursue a career in filmmaking and hearing that Pixar's first female director was dropped due to suspicious reasons really makes me question a lot of things. Plus Chapman is freaking amazing (one of the directors for Prince of Egypt and head of story for the Lion King, both very amazing animated films).

Probably not the best explanation in the world but you can easily find information about it online.

I just hope that from just looking at the recent trailer, that the film won't be 'all humour' and 'less heart' like what Cars 2 was.

"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
Epic folklore, ''If you had the chance to change your fate... Would ya?'' Epic accent!

"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:Image
OMG YAY :tooexcited: