The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
talli wrote:michael fassbender is being courted for a role :thumbup:

here's a pic of him playing Carl Jung in Croneberg's Dangerous Method
This is one guy I wouldn't mind seeing on screen at all. He did a pretty damn good job on Inglorious Basterds, extremely underrated job. He was a German playing a Brit and pulled it off beautifully. Just my opinion of course

NothinButM wrote:
talli wrote:michael fassbender is being courted for a role :thumbup:

here's a pic of him playing Carl Jung in Croneberg's Dangerous Method
This is one guy I wouldn't mind seeing on screen at all. He did a pretty damn good job on Inglorious Bastards, extremely underrated job. He was a German playing a Brit and pulled it off beautifully. Just my opinion of course

he's actually Irish..well, he was raised Irish, playing a British character who disguised as a German...and yes...he was the second best in the movie after Christoph Waltz...Waltz was just genius, ofcourse

I'm just curious what his role will be in the film if he is indeed getting a large amount of interest from the studios. An elf perhaps?

NothinButM wrote:I'm just curious what his role will be in the film if he is indeed getting a large amount of interest from the studios. An elf perhaps?

think he's a bit too big for an elf lol

talli wrote:
NothinButM wrote:I'm just curious what his role will be in the film if he is indeed getting a large amount of interest from the studios. An elf perhaps?

think he's a bit too big for an elf lol
I have to respectfully disagree. Elves in Middle Earth are depicted as relatively tall and slender beings. He is only listed as being 6 foot. Orlando Bloom is listed as being a half inch over 5 foot 10 inches. If he does get cast it wouldn't surprise me at all.

On the other hand, if this book is split up into two parts, they will more than likely show the Battle of Five Armies. The men of Dale would definitely be part of that. I wouldn't be surprised if he landed on a role such as that either.

At any rate, we'll find out sooner or later.

David Tenant is in talks too.. :-)
Anyway, for this kind of movie, a huge star cast is guaranteed.

kanjisheik wrote:David Tenant is in talks too.. :-)
Anyway, for this kind of movie, a huge star cast is guaranteed.
Any news if Ian McKellen will be returning?

According to Deadline -
"Word is Martin Freeman will soon be set to play Bilbo Baggins, that Jimmy Nesbitt has been offered a role and that Michael Fassbender is being pursued for another as is David Tennant. Ian McKellan and Andy Serkis are expected to reprise Gandalf and Gollum."

MrG
I remember reading that Hugo Weaving would return as Elrond once but that was a while ago and nothing else has popped up about him.