The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
kanjisheik wrote:Guess you didn't read the links I'd provided.
"The Hobbit films have been given the green light and production is set to begin in February. Peter Jackson will be writing the screenplays, producing and stepping into the director’s chair for both parts, making him the one true helmsmen of the Middle Earth movie pentalogy (3 Lord of the Rings pics + 2Hobbit features)."
At what point in either of those articles does it contradict my statement?

This is a good news, yet I am a little bit skeptic about this whole budget issue, release dates and Peter Jackson's sudden jump from the producer's chair to director's. I am not questioning Peter Jackson's directing abilities because he is a visionary and a passionate filmmaker. I am still amazed with the beauty of his 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogies. He knows what to do, yet I wanted G.Del Toro to helm the project "Hobbit" as he too is a visionary director and a great artisit. Watching "Pans Labyrinth" few times and paying attention to G. Del Toro's vision and artistic abilities I can't find words sometimes to praise them.

Let's not forget that the studios are putting a lot of pressure on this project and there is a reason that G. Del Toro jumped out of the circle and I was a little bit shocked because I was wondering who would be available to take over the director's spot. Since, Peter is involved and studios are in hurry and putting lots of money on the table, I hope this becomes more successful than AVATAR and LOTR films.

Del Toro backed out because he got fed up of the delays and had a lot of other projects waiting. The fact that Peter Jackson stepped up to the director's chair after his original choice quit shows that he is extremely passionate about The Hobbit and is willing to do whatever it takes to create the duology.
From a fan's point of view, that's extremely reassuring.

kanjisheik wrote:Del Toro backed out because he got fed up of the delays and had a lot of other projects waiting. The fact that Peter Jackson stepped up to the director's chair after his original choice quit shows that he is extremely passionate about The Hobbit and is willing to do whatever it takes to create the duology.
From a fan's point of view, that's extremely reassuring.
Let's not forget that the spot your aiming your arrow to doesn't always hits that spot. I am not questioning PJ's abilities. Look at the pressure and the studios are in hurry like there is no tomorrow.

Well let's not forget that this project has been in the making for quite some time. Due to MGM's financial difficulties, there have been several considerable delays. Now, that MGM is close to sealing a deal with Spyglass, it's only natural that work on The Hobbit movies would begin soon. They've already begun casting and will start shooting in February, according to the proposed schedule. I don't think it's being rushed. And I don't think Peter Jackson would allow it to be rushed. :-)

@CrazyEight - Here's the transcript of Peter Jackson's most recent interview about The Hobbit. It was before the official announcement, however at no point is he pessimistic about The Hobbit's potential. He is obviously very devoted to this project - directing it, producing it and writing its script just shows how enthusiastic he is about it.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29160

kanjisheik wrote:@CrazyEight - Here's the transcript of Peter Jackson's most recent interview about The Hobbit. It was before the official announcement, however at no point is he pessimistic about The Hobbit's potential. He is obviously very devoted to this project - directing it, producing it and writing its script just shows how enthusiastic he is about it.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29160
Thanks for providing that link. It helped and got my hopes up. I just needed some words from PJ himself on what he thinks about the project.

You're welcome, mate! I'm just glad that it has been approved and I have faith in Jackson's abilities. Hopefully we'll get two awesome Hobbit movies. :-)

michael fassbender is being courted for a role :thumbup:

here's a pic of him playing Carl Jung in Croneberg's Dangerous Method