The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Baconboy wrote:
solo2001 wrote: I'm trying to not get excited about TDKR so I won't be disappointed. I'm sort of indifferent to The Hobbit so hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.
Why would you be disappointed?
In case it sucks.

-Vader

mastervirgo wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Thorin.

Holy fuck! Now that's badass. :twothumbsup:

Serkis seems more like a co-director then a second unit director. How often do second unit directors direct action sequences?

Crazy Eight wrote:Serkis seems more like a co-director then a second unit director. How often do second unit directors direct action sequences?
He filmed the LotR films a bit like this too.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Serkis seems more like a co-director then a second unit director. How often do second unit directors direct action sequences?

-Vader
I know the famous "Gollum talking to himself" scene was directed by his wife because she wrote the scene at the last minute and Peter wasn't in the country, but what other examples do you know of?

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I know the famous "Gollum talking to himself" scene was directed by his wife because she wrote the scene at the last minute and Peter wasn't in the country, but what other examples do you know of?
Man I haven't watched the special features in ages, but I know at least a good chunk of various action sequences or key scenes weren't filmed by him.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Man I haven't watched the special features in ages, but I know at least a good chunk of various action sequences or key scenes weren't filmed by him.

-Vader
Laaaaaaaammmmmmmeeee.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Laaaaaaaammmmmmmeeee.
Watch the special features of the expanded films, all your questions will be answered.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Laaaaaaaammmmmmmeeee.
Watch the special features of the expanded films, all your questions will be answered.

-Vader
Don't have them...

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Don't have them...
Oh, I'm sure a bright lad like yourself would be able to get your hands on them.

-Vader