2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Got my tickets for June 30th. Going with a group, and one of them has never seen the movie before.

This comes to my AFI theater early July. Going with my girlfriend who has NEVER seen it...she’s in for a ride.

Finally had a chance to see this a few days ago. Do the original prints from 1968 still exist? The second half was a considerably better presentation than the first half. I can only guess that my theatre managed to destroy the first half and were showing an original from 1968 and then switching to the rerelease for the second half and hoping the audience wouldn't notice. There's no way that a film print could get so scratched up in the short time that it has been showing. But in saying that, it was still an unforgettable experience. The theatre erupted in a round of applause at the end :thumbup:

Edit: Of course I've seen this digitally before this

Just found out they are showing this in 70mm in Oslo in August. Since I have yet to experience the format and the movie, I feel like this is an opportunity I can't miss out on.

Sanchez wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 8:06 pm
Just found out they are showing this in 70mm in Oslo in August. Since I have yet to experience the format and the movie, I feel like this is an opportunity I can't miss out on.
Hopefully you can see it! I saw it in 70mm a few weeks ago and it was an amazing experience.

Seeing this in 70mm in NY in two days. So hyped

Anyone saw that Nolan "unrestoration" ?

Also just saw Eyes Wide Shut for the First time yesterday. What a dreamy masterpiece

Nolan and Van Hoytema's unrestored print was HEAVEN