2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The only problem with my projection was the size of the image. Instead, we were watching "2001: A Space Odysse". But aside from that, the detail of each frame is astounding.

BlairCo wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 1:12 am
The only problem with my projection was the size of the image. Instead, we were watching "2001: A Space Odysse". But aside from that, the detail of each frame is astounding.
That's a pretty big problem.

BlairCo wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 1:12 am
...dude, you tell the theatre

Nolan and company really fucked this up. God only knows what would've happened to Barry Lyndon if he got his paws around it. Thankfully I have the original Blu-ray transfer to maintain a healthy head.

Infidel wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 3:14 pm
Nolan and company really fucked this up. God only knows what would've happened to Barry Lyndon if he got his paws around it. Thankfully I have the original Blu-ray transfer to maintain a healthy head.
Reported

Infidel wrote:
Three posts in and you're already the biggest troll on this forum smh

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 7:51 am
Infidel wrote:
Three posts in and you're already the biggest troll on this forum smh
I didn't realise I just walked into North Korea.

Infidel wrote:
That Blu-Ray transfer replaced the original Warner Bros. logo so I’m sure it commits some other atrocities.

As part of the the 50th anniversary of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, Warner Bros. is releasing the pic in 350 Imax theaters for one week on Aug. 24. The announcement was made today by Jeff Goldstein, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures today. The release is being touted as the first time the landmark sci-fi film is being seen on the largest screen possible.

The Imax run follows an “unrestored” 70mm film release of 2001: A Space Odyssey, which was overseen by Dark Knight filmmaker and Kubrick fan Christopher Nolan.

Four select Imax theaters will show the 70MM print of the film: AMC Universal Citywalk IMAX, Universal City, AMC Lincoln Square IMAX, New York City, AMC Metreon IMAX, San Francisco, and Ontario Place Cinesphere IMAX, Toronto. The Imax 70MM ‘unrestored’ print was created via a true photochemical film recreation struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative with no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits. Additional Imax venues will be showing a brand new 4K restoration of the sci-fi film in Imax with Laser and Imax Xenon projection formats. Tickets go on sale this Friday. 2001: A Space Odyssey was first released in April 4, 1968.
https://deadline.com/2018/08/2001-a-spa ... 202438062/