The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 3203
Joined: November 2011
Meraxes wrote:The ending was such a cliche unfitting for Lisbeth's character. The Swedish ending is way cooler.

Whats the Swedish one?

The Fincher one is the same as the book, just a jacket.

Posts: 90
Joined: March 2012
GothamGirl wrote:
Meraxes wrote:The ending was such a cliche unfitting for Lisbeth's character. The Swedish ending is way cooler.

Whats the Swedish one?

The Fincher one is the same as the book, just a jacket.
Fincher's ending is same as book? Strange, but ok. I have not read the trilogy so that is said. I simply did not assume her character would do something cliche like that, but perhaps it has its reasons. The Swedish ending never even hinted on Lisbeth falling for Mikael.

Posts: 54164
Joined: May 2010
Meraxes wrote:
GothamGirl wrote:

Whats the Swedish one?

The Fincher one is the same as the book, just a jacket.
Fincher's ending is same as book? Strange, but ok. I have not read the trilogy so that is said. I simply did not assume her character would do something cliche like that, but perhaps it has its reasons. The Swedish ending never even hinted on Lisbeth falling for Mikael.
What's cliche, falling in love for the first time? LOL. And yes, the ending is true to the source material.

Posts: 90
Joined: March 2012
m4st4 wrote:What's cliche, falling in love for the first time? LOL.
Not sure how to even respond to that. Then again, it was a MAN who wrote Lisbeth's character :P

Posts: 15374
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
that was in no way cliche, it was cute and touching as fuck especially because what kind of person she is and what she's been through


it's not like the movie started with this and was all about it, it ended with it and gave a reason for the character to not want to ever trust again so what's unfitting about it?

Posts: 90
Joined: March 2012
prince0gotham wrote:that was in no way cliche, it was cute and touching as fuck especially because what kind of person she is and what she's been through


it's not like the movie started with this and was all about it, it ended with it and gave a reason for the character to not want to ever trust again so what's unfitting about it?
Cliche as in Lisbeth not losing hope after being through SO MUCH in her life. And there was nothing that even indicated why she was falling in love with Mikael. They simply worked and fucked together. At least she got the confirmation she needed before she dumped the gift.

Posts: 54164
Joined: May 2010
Meraxes wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:that was in no way cliche, it was cute and touching as fuck especially because what kind of person she is and what she's been through


it's not like the movie started with this and was all about it, it ended with it and gave a reason for the character to not want to ever trust again so what's unfitting about it?
Cliche as in Lisbeth not losing hope after being through SO MUCH in her life. And there was nothing that even indicated why she was falling in love with Mikael. They simply worked and fucked together. At least she got the confirmation she needed before she dumped the gift.
I don't get it. What do you mean ''not losing hope''? :problem:

Posts: 15374
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Meraxes wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:that was in no way cliche, it was cute and touching as fuck especially because what kind of person she is and what she's been through


it's not like the movie started with this and was all about it, it ended with it and gave a reason for the character to not want to ever trust again so what's unfitting about it?
Cliche as in Lisbeth not losing hope after being through SO MUCH in her life. And there was nothing that even indicated why she was falling in love with Mikael. They simply worked and fucked together. At least she got the confirmation she needed before she dumped the gift.
there was nothing that indicated it?


-she was interested in his love life (was browsing his pics with that other woman)
-people that have lead lives like hers have trouble connecting and adapting and trusting people but once they have a reason to trust someone, they go bit over the top and do unusual stuff (unusual for them), pretty much like her falling in love with him just because she got attached to Blumkvist because of the kindness and honesty he's shown (and because they fucked)
-the awkwardness in her eyes when she gives him back the money, just like a highschool girl not knowing what to say to the boy she likes


EDIT: you have to understand that people like her are little underdeveloped when it comes to normal love-relationships so her falling in love easily is something completely natural and understandable

Posts: 90
Joined: March 2012
Fair enough, but Lisbeth's character does not give a fuck about people, and at least not emotionally. She has been through more than enough to never trust anyone. And after working and fucking together with Mikael, she suddenly decides to fall in love? Cliche, yes. Then again, a man wrote her character. It would be interesting if a woman did.

Posts: 15374
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Meraxes wrote:Fair enough, but Lisbeth's character does not give a fuck about people, and at least not emotionally. She has been through more than enough to never trust anyone. And after working and fucking together with Mikael, she suddenly decides to fall in love? Cliche, yes. Then again, a man wrote her character. It would be interesting if a woman did.
most people that tell themselves they can't trust anyone are secretly obsessed with the search for someone they CAN trust


remember, she's like 22 or something, not 42

still a fragile and naive age, not to mention that most people would call 'foolishly trusting someone' naive, but what's more naive is believing she should hate and avoid everyone just because she can't trust them


Everything about her is as much as sign of toughness as it is a sign of insecurity so she's always torn between the two worlds, one ofc being the more obvious but, as we saw in the movie, little is needed for her to flip the other side.

though that 'little' is rare

Post Reply