The Master (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I just came back from my second viewing. This film is even greater the second time and in a way completes the ending...that sort of leaves you with a wtf feeling the first time.

I love it!

My local theater is playing this. I need to see it ASAP because I doubt it will be there long. Looper comes first, though.

Stéphane wrote:I just came back from my second viewing. This film is even greater the second time and in a way completes the ending...that sort of leaves you with a wtf feeling the first time.

I love it!
Glad to hear it, I look forward to mine. Unfortunately, I'm highly busy with school and papers and books to read are stacking up exponentially it seems so I'm unsure when I'll have the chance. Thursday I'm seeing Lawrence of Arabia (which I highly recommend for everyone) at a cinemark location, so I dunno. I'd love to see Looper again since I'm confident I'd be quite a bit more generous on a second viewing, but I don't think I want to spend more money on it.

Compton, why would Looper come before The Master?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Stéphane wrote:I just came back from my second viewing. This film is even greater the second time and in a way completes the ending...that sort of leaves you with a wtf feeling the first time.

I love it!
Glad to hear it, I look forward to mine. Unfortunately, I'm highly busy with school and papers and books to read are stacking up exponentially it seems so I'm unsure when I'll have the chance. Thursday I'm seeing Lawrence of Arabia (which I highly recommend for everyone) at a cinemark location, so I dunno. I'd love to see Looper again since I'm confident I'd be quite a bit more generous on a second viewing, but I don't think I want to spend more money on it.

Compton, why would Looper come before The Master?

-Vader
I loved your review, especially the part about the sand. I'll be seeing Lawrence as well this thursday. Que Bart Scott's "Can't Wait."

Seriously though. Awesome review, especially the second to last paragraph.

Awesome!

Seeing this next week :-D
Sigs???

This isn't coming out in my country until November, and I'm not even sure if it'll be playing at my local theater.

BlairCo wrote:This isn't coming out in my country until November, and I'm not even sure if it'll be playing at my local theater.
camrip
:lol:
But that sucks.
Brave New World

Zez
Loved it. Not as good as TWBB. Cinematography was remarkable. Acting superb. There did seem to be some quite unnecessary scenes. Like:
Random part where all the women are naked. Even the old ones. Seriously...WTF???
Despite its seeming shortcoming, this movie could have an entire course-nay, an entire university, dedicated to cracking its meaning.

9.75/10

Now that Ive seen Looper this ones next on my list.