The Master (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Stéphane wrote:
Allstar wrote: Awesome! I expect a full review. :-D
I don't want to spoil the film. I will give my rating and acting/directing impression.All are welcome to pm me for details.
Yup, that is muchly preferred. Actually a bit on the cinematography would be nice.
Do you... like pineapple?

From what I've read (with an attempt to be as spoiler free as possible), a lot of the footage we've seen in the trailers thus far are not in the final film and many that are present, are present as alternate takes. I'm not sure if that's a loss concerning some of the really cool stuff in the trailers or a great thing in the sense that the actual film will be quite a fresh experience.
Do you... like pineapple?

Paul Thomas Anderson = the next Kubrick. Can't wait.

jibran wrote:From what I've read (with an attempt to be as spoiler free as possible), a lot of the footage we've seen in the trailers thus far are not in the final film and many that are present, are present as alternate takes. I'm not sure if that's a loss concerning some of the really cool stuff in the trailers or a great thing in the sense that the actual film will be quite a fresh experience.
Way for PTA to screw us. Or be a genius. The trailers look like great takes, I wonder what could be better. :think:
Brave New World

JBirdStreet24 wrote:Paul Thomas Anderson = the next Kubrick. Can't wait.
There is no next Kubrick.

Probably the closest film-maker to Kubrick would be Danny Boyle for all his genre hopping.

EctoCooler31 wrote:Probably the closest film-maker to Kubrick would be Danny Boyle for all his genre hopping.
Hes not as innovative as PTA.
Brave New World

EctoCooler31 wrote:Probably the closest film-maker to Kubrick would be Danny Boyle for all his genre hopping.
Lol no. Genre hopping is not Kubrick's signature. Kubrick's signature is the sheer scope in anything he does. The attention to details, the perfect setting of a room for a simple dinner scene. This way, PTA is the closest filmmaker to him.

ryan4butler wrote:
Hes not as innovative as PTA.
PTA is my second fav director, but lets be honest - he isn't even among the top 20 most innovative directors working today. Most of his films are heavily influenced by others work.
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Hes not as innovative as PTA.
PTA is my second fav director, but lets be honest - he isn't even among the top 20 most innovative directors working today. Most of his films are heavily influenced by others work.
Yeah, i must have worded it wrong. PTA is a Matser ;) becuase he just knows film. He brings his love and expirience to tell a gripping, character driven film.
Brave New World