The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
hey now
i'm an allstar

get ur snark on go play

we're all allstars, Laurie

Vader182 wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 4:24 pm
prince0gotham wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 4:15 pm
Vader182 wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 4:04 pm

-Vader
sure there's jokes but the other 3 you mention are rise-and-fall stories while this is almost straight fall from the start, which the jokes merely try to cover up, also, it's literally about sadness/depression/angst all the time and it gets almost cosmic in S6 so it doesn't quite fit that list
yeah, but sopranos is "badass."

this is different

-Vader
Sopranos is about life, it hits me right in the feels. Especially when it's about the existential feeling, the depression, the family etc.

I'll be able to watch this theatrically on November 21st!

So I'm pretty hyped to see this the 14th, hopefully being able to actually go that day lol but

When netflix puts it online it'll be in HDR right? Seems like they're doing that for all their own produced films

The King looks stunning, I think it's quite exciting to both see this in theater and then in HDR at home lol, I guess the de-aging will look even more refined there

seeing this in theaters this week, but i also live in a major city. absolutely stupid it won't come to 75% of ppl and don't give me some defense of netflix, because i don't want to hear it

if they're gonna finance the film, at least distribute it properly - instead we get tiny screen home viewing. not to mention marty at least uses shots that require big screens unlike the MCU which is actually just code for medium close-up

roma isn't on blu-ray, and none of these netflix distributed movies will have physical releases. we're going backwards

i tweeted this while drunk: https://twitter.com/michaelf2225/status ... 7350498304

Netflix wanted this in many theaters, the big theater chains told them no because of the fixed release window. Which I still find weird because many films don't screen very long either.

Nomis wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 4:57 pm
Netflix wanted this in many theaters, the big theater chains told them no because of the fixed release window. Which I still find weird because many films don't screen very long either.
they would screen it until it stops making money. movies like this don't make their money in the first week - it would be like disney giving theaters a Marvel movie for 4 weeks and then saying, nope that's it.

netflix wants the best of both worlds, and i don't understand why they can't do what amazon (successfully, i might add) does, and have a standard theatrical window before streaming. oh, wait.. it's because netflix doesn't actually give a fuck about theaters and does this to save face