Biutiful (2010)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Another film by self-pretentious Alejandro González Iñárritu - director of the ridiculously overrated piece of shit movie Babel. Can't wait for this one....

(Btw: Bardem won the best actor award in Cannes. The film received mixed respons)
@sammyjankis88

This is Mexico's official entry for the Oscars, right? Looks great!

I was seriously moved by the trailer. I can say I really cannot wait. As for Babel, it was one of those realisticaly emotional movies that seem rather cold for some or most.

Robin wrote:Another film by self-pretentious Alejandro González Iñárritu - director of the ridiculously overrated piece of shit movie Babel. Can't wait for this one....

(Btw: Bardem won the best actor award in Cannes. The film received mixed respons)

wow are you really that serious ????

Inarritu is a great talent.... Babel is a very good movie but Amores Perros is just a masterpiece.... I just lol @ people who don't understand/like directors like Inarritu/Amenabar/Almodovar.... LOL ... they make real movies not bubble-gum movies... :roll:

RIFA wrote:wow are you really that serious ????

Inarritu is a great talent.... Babel is a very good movie but Amores Perros is just a masterpiece.... I just lol @ people who don't understand/like directors like Inarritu/Amenabar/Almodovar.... LOL ... they make real movies not bubble-gum movies... :roll:
What? Because I don't enjoy Iñárritu's films (AP is decent), I'm automatically not liking Pedro Almodóvar? Because both are foreign directors? Am I suddenly only into "bubble-gum movies... "?

I guess personal tast doesn't matter anyways right? hmm, I should just quit film school then.... fuck my life.
@sammyjankis88

When I said about almodovar or amenabar I was addressing in general because there are many out-there who if they don't like one of them they usually don't like none of them because they consider them to be too artsy or self-pretentious which is not the case imo...

Maybe you like Almodovar but judging Inarritu like that on no actual logic basis to me is unacceptable... Inarritu is one of the greatest directors at the moment... to me, he's like Cuaron...