Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

So much for undying love. :(

You know what's funny, i was willing to forgive Jeff Blackwell - even after what he did in Episode 8 - until what he did last episode. Fuck him. He could've been like Paz from The Bourne Ultimatum, but nope.

Havoc1st wrote:
So much for undying love. :(

You know what's funny, i was willing to forgive Jeff Blackwell - even after what he did in Episode 8 - until what he did last episode. Fuck him. He could've been like Paz from The Bourne Ultimatum, but nope.
Is that a picture indicating something for an episode or just amazing looking fan art thats amazing. Either way i feel it too.

And yup i need Shaw to hang Blackwell now.

Right before the episode where The President's number comes up, we have a guest star who played one in 24: Geoff Pierson (John Keeler). Second actor from that show who played that role (first being Alan Dale; Ulrich Kohl from Foe; who portrayed VP/Prez James Prescott).

The Day The World Went Away, is a perfect companion piece to Death Benefit. It's in the latter where Finch's rigidness with complying with the rules really came to light, & in effect, truly kickstarted both Samaritan, and the endgame of the show. In the latest one, he throws it all out the window. Even the Prophecy Twist with the numbers: McCourt's had come up with the implication that he was to be killed; & Finch's here, because it was warning the team about what he was going to do to Samaritan. And to top it off, the music montage really kicks in right after a fade out following a choice made by a regular character, followed by a sorta slow motion shot (more so in 320 than in 510), with cops sweeping a perimeter in pursuit of Harold. Wonderful bookend.

Right before she passed, Root mentioned that she hardcoded defense capabilities into The Machine, but made sure it wouldn't act upon it without Harold saying so. Knowing her nature, & Finch's mentality right now, things would really hit the fan in the final 3. Comparing it to Lost, this is like Ben Linus armed with The Smoke Monster (Cooper/TARS might also be an analogy, but this is far more intense). Something he put into wonderful effect, here.

Harold wouldn't have done it (since he locked himself out), & she knew it. So she did. In a way, this action of hers, imbibed into this ASI, further honors Root's legacy.

I can relate to Gene. Was nearly sobbing after this one, from the sheer resonance with so many things in the series, far from anything being poorly done. Root is literally next-level now. I love how Finch's monologue is tangibly sad, chilling, and galvanizing.
thedarkshaw wrote:Saw the 10 from Fowler coming the moment the episode ended, and deserved it was. Anything less then 10 i would have stopped reading. Might have been one of if not the best episode the show has produced to date. From top to bottom the episode was flawless.

The Crossing
If-Then-Else
The Day The World Went Away
Maybe he has a thing for major deaths, real or ostensible (not that those episodes are undeserving of 10s).

Whistler wrote:I can relate to Gene. Was nearly sobbing after this one, from the sheer resonance with so many things in the series, far from anything being poorly done. Root is literally next-level now. I love how Finch's monologue is tangibly sad, chilling, and galvanizing.
thedarkshaw wrote:Saw the 10 from Fowler coming the moment the episode ended, and deserved it was. Anything less then 10 i would have stopped reading. Might have been one of if not the best episode the show has produced to date. From top to bottom the episode was flawless.

The Crossing
If-Then-Else
The Day The World Went Away
Maybe he has a thing for major deaths, real or ostensible (not that those episodes are undeserving of 10s).
Oh no doubt he loves tragedy and death ( actually admited that in the review for this episode ). What i mean of episodes you could argue deserved one would for example be an episode Like The Devil's Share.

Going by the closing credits of the 100th, Andy Callahan was promoted to Story Editor for the last 4 (serving in the function with Tony Camerino, & Lucas O'Connor; who's the Executive S.E.). Looking forward to what he works on next.

Also, comparing 320 & 510, even the musical choices are bookends. Daughter's 'Medicine' & the titular song from Nine Inch Nails, have somewhat similar (maybe wrong) opening guitar riffs (which kick in big time when the montage begins). Only difference is the former's a bit soft, while the latter's just all in balls out. And both episodes close with Finch leaving Reese & Shaw, so that they can be safe away from him.

The way Finch began that monologue towards Samaritan, is the very same vocal inflection Michael Emerson used when his character Ben Linus delivered an epic rant to the character of Jacob, on Lost.

Aware it's a subjective thing, but maybe, just maybe, I think The Day The World Went Away surpassed 6,741. Just barely, though. And there's still 2 more episodes Jonah's really high on (the final 2). Feel free to agree to disagree.

The time now in the show, is around November/December, if I'm correct. Can't help feeling Return 0 will conclude on New Year's Eve/Day 2016 (exactly 14 years after The Machine was born).

ChrisTilford wrote:Going by the closing credits of the 100th, Andy Callahan was promoted to Story Editor for the last 4 (serving in the function with Tony Camerino, & Lucas O'Connor; who's the Executive S.E.). Looking forward to what he works on next.

Also, comparing 320 & 510, even the musical choices are bookends. Daughter's 'Medicine' & the titular song from Nine Inch Nails, have somewhat similar (maybe wrong) opening guitar riffs (which kick in big time when the montage begins). Only difference is the former's a bit soft, while the latter's just all in balls out. And both episodes close with Finch leaving Reese & Shaw, so that they can be safe away from him.

The way Finch began that monologue towards Samaritan, is the very same vocal inflection Michael Emerson used when his character Ben Linus delivered an epic rant to the character of Jacob, on Lost.

Aware it's a subjective thing, but maybe, just maybe, I think The Day The World Went Away surpassed 6,741. Just barely, though. And there's still 2 more episodes Jonah's really high on (the final 2). Feel free to agree to disagree.

The time now in the show, is around November/December, if I'm correct. Can't help feeling Return 0 will conclude on New Year's Eve/Day 2016 (exactly 14 years after The Machine was born).
I agree. So far The Day The World Went is my favorite in the series with 6741 right behind it.

Not sure if they're bluffing, but Jonah & Greg also indicated that the NiN song that closed 510, is the last one with outside music. Apparently Ramin gave them too much good stuff for the final 3. So their original statement of knowing what 'the last song is going to be' maybe rendered moot.

Unless, it was The Day The World Went Away.

Also fitting that Elias met his end in the same place where John protected him in Witness. Helps that it was even directed by Fred Toye & edited by Mark Conte, who served in the same functions here & for that episode in S1.

Just a note. I agree that while The Day The World Went Away is my favorite POI episode overall ( pushing 6741 down to 2nd all time ), 6741's ending scene with Sameen and Root in the playground is still my personal all time favorite POI scene. I just love everything about that scene, and i agree with Chris Fisher saying it was one of the best scenes he has ever directed.