Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Since Greer isn't listed for the finale, I can't help but wondering he's killed off in the penultimate. Presumably in the scene with the Noir of that force choke with Finch. The way I see it happening, is Harold overpowering the Old Man, but can't bring himself to kill him. So, The Machine does it for him. How? Any number of ways. Causing a room to burn down while leaving him trapped inside, or locking him in a vacuum. Similar to how the 42nd version of it tried to kill Finch in Prophets (appropriate, since these scenes were also written by Greg Plageman & Erik Mountain, since they were orignally intended for Panopticon).

Kinda fitting that Mountain co-wrote this, since he got to also do Greer's first appearance back in Dead Reckoning. Dual bookend for the guy, since this would also be the last time Amy plays Root as well (another character Erik introduced, back in Root Cause), given the nature of the episode.
The more I think about 512's structuring, it makes sense. There is a present day story attached to it as well, & doing simulated scenarios like flashbacks interspersed with them, really helps with the pacing. Rather than just letting the whole thing run rampant.

And .Exe also serves as a companion piece to The Devil's Share. Flashbacks/simulated segments of each character, interspersed with a present day suicide mission of a lead, which the other characters are looking to save him from. And presumably, the end of one antagonist, done in by a character viewers wouldn't expect to make it happen.

Other such examples of complimentary episodes:

Many Happy Returns/Terra Incognita
Relevance/Control-Alt-Delete
Last Call/Sotto Voce
Death Benefit/The Day The World Went Away
Beta/Search & Destroy
Prophets/SNAFU
If-Then-Else/6,741

ChrisTilford wrote:IGN provides a write up on Amy's appearance at Dallas Comic Con.
I'm not sad. I'm not s- dammit i'm sad.

Anyway:
ImageImage
:( :( :(

Think the payoff with the ASI deathmatches happen in Synecdoche, which sorta triggers Finch's suicide mission in .Exe.

The President in 5x11, is played by one Joel Haberli. In-universe, take it either Obama wasn't re-elected, or was phased out by Samaritan. The latter's too sensitive a possibility, so the former's more likely.

For sci-fi/cyberpunk/AI enthusiasts, Netflix's developing another one: Mika Model, based on the short story by Paolo Bacigalupi.
The short story, described in the mold of intelligent dystopia such as Ex Machina, was commissioned and edited jointly by Future Tense — a collaboration of Arizona State University, New America and Slate — and ASU’s Center for Science and the Imagination. It is the first in Future Tense Fiction, a series of short stories from Future Tense and CSI about how technology and science will change our lives. Mika Model begins with a young woman — or robot — walking into a police station.
Learnt from a fan at the Dallas Con, that Amy's moving back to Los Angeles with the family next month, & mentioned auditioning for a new project. Another friend & I were talking about it, to narrow down what it could be, & one very particular show that jumped out, was Netflix's Altered Carbon. That shoots in Vancouver later in the year, & is also in the Pacific Time Zone. Be glad if this is it.

Others that came up was Netflix's Western miniseries Godless (with Steven Soderbergh & Jeff Daniels, that shoots in the summer in New Mexico, I believe), & HBO's Sharp Objects (with Gillian Flynn & Amy Adams; showrun by Marti Noxon, who's a prominent player in Joss Whedon's network). Thought it could be American Gods for Starz, but that's in Toronto, which is Eastern Time, & makes no sense for her to have the rest of her clan leave New York for this.

If AC does pan out, & she's there for a while, be cool if she follows it with Foundation alongside Jonah (& maybe even Michael). Think she might even be there with the bossmen this Friday at ATX.

From an interview in January 2014 with io9.
Nolan also mentioned that Spike Jonze's latest film Her has a similar perspective on AI. Describing that movie, he said:
There's this gutting moment when [the AI is] entertaining discrete relationships with thousands of people, and she loves hundreds of them. That's what we're going for [in Person of Interest]. AIs will be complicated. They won't have relationships the same way people do. And that will be alienating and difficult for people with whom they are interacting.
And now, The Machine speaks with the voice of a person named 'Samantha'. Talk about coincidence.

Kickass analysis on how Samaritan maybe vanquished, by Nerdophiles's Katie Cardwell. Really good read.

http://www.nerdophiles.com/2016/06/06/p ... atal-flaw/

Also, do you think Synecdoche could be a companion piece to A House Divided? Potential political science fiction themes, alongside returns of former numbers to help out in the war...

Good show tonight. The bits with Amy & Michael were beyond terrific, & Sarah got some great material too...

Nicely set up .Exe.

Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 7th, 2016, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I really enjoyed that episode. It was real smooth. And also they used Djawadi's Core Code.

Also, the beginning was sad.
ChrisTilford wrote:
Hype time.