Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Watching Return 0 and 6741 the other day, gives me such a POI rush after its been a while since the show ended. Both episodes are still tied for my favorite POI episode all time.

Came across this old interview from NYCC 2011, which Jonah attended with Michael Emerson.
According to Nolan, part of the inspiration for the series came from a literary concept used by Kurt Vonnegut. “We took that idea from a Vonnegut book The Sirens of Titan, which has an organization in it called the Army of Mars, which is actually secretly led by privates and the lowest on the totem pole,” he said. “I just thought that inverted power structure is an obvious and interesting and important as a way for someone to be present for all of the important goings-on and keep track of things.”
Certain concepts from Vonnegut's work made it's way into the show eventually, especially in Season 5. The concept of being 'Unstuck in Time' that The Machine did in SNAFU is inspired by the author's Slaughterhouse Five (and to an extent, Timequake, though that came much later). And of course, the Ice-9 virus (which is named after a device from the novel Cat's Cradle; which is narrated by a man named 'Jonah' :), & is looking to be adapted by Noah Hawley as a miniseries for FX).

Jonah also utilized the automated piano in Westworld, which he cited was inspired by Vonnegut's Player Piano (his debut novel).

Will never forget you POI...

Does anyone know when can I 'get' season 3 soundtrack from?

Next two also if possible. ;)

Pratham wrote:Does anyone know when can I 'get' season 3 soundtrack from?

The music by Ramin Djawadi? If it's Ramin Djawadi's music you want, someone's uploaded the S3&4 album on youtube, or you could buy it or use streaming services, or i could give you a link where you can download album for free. ;) As for season 5, no official album though some youtubers extracted the music from the footage.

Havoc1st wrote:
Pratham wrote:Does anyone know when can I 'get' season 3 soundtrack from?

The music by Ramin Djawadi? If it's Ramin Djawadi's music you want, someone's uploaded the S3&4 album on youtube, or you could buy it or use streaming services, or i could give you a link where you can download album for free. ;) As for season 5, no official album though some youtubers extracted the music from the footage.
PM me the link. :ninja:

Spotted Jonah (on the left) in the Times Square scene

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/ret ... est-7.html
Season 5 finally airing in Australia next Monday. 3 fucking months.
10:45 pm
I'm just going be diplomatic and use this gif instead of a gif i really want to use:

As much as i want to rewatch Season 5 I'll skip it since i can barely stand ads these days especially when it's late at night. Besides, they're most probably gonna screw up the schedule during future episodes

Also, same day as Westworld.

Havoc1st wrote:http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/ret ... est-7.html
Season 5 finally airing in Australia next Monday. 3 fucking months.
10:45 pm
I'm just going be diplomatic and use this gif instead of a gif i really want to use:

As much as i want to rewatch Season 5 I'll skip it since i can barely stand ads these days especially when it's late at night. Besides, they're most probably gonna screw up the schedule during future episodes

Also, same day as Westworld.
Trust. I'll just buy the season on iTunes when it's over. Oh and it's 9. They'll fuck up the scheduling don't you worry.