Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChrisTilford wrote:
Havoc1st wrote: I'd say Cold War > M.I.A... Except for cinematography and directing (Just because of those tracking shots Kevin Bray did). But Michael Offer did a really great job as well.
But performance wise, Amy's better in M.I.A. in comparison.
I forgot to put 'episode wise'. But,yeah, you're right.

Havoc1st wrote: I forgot to put 'episode wise'. But,yeah, you're right.
Episode-wise, yes. The Cold War is one of the most ambitious ones the show's done (the flashbacks, the conversation, New York City going from utopia to dystopia in a span of 24 hours). A real sense of tension, wonderfully concluded by that final scene of the stock crash. It was the best way to kick off this arc.

I love M.I.A because of the concepts it explored from a genre perspective (social engineering {which in hindsight, foreshadowed The Correction}, and the neural implants {which I hope they explore further, along with the climate change models developed by the bio-informatics company, namedropped in Control-Alt-Delete}). Not to mention the kickass B-plot with Fusco, Silva, and the hired assassin.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 28th, 2015, 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

There's something that is bugging me.

The episode clips, that are on POI's Youtube channel, have better lighting/cinematography when compared to TV aired/torrent episodes.

Maybe it's just my perception. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Havoc1st wrote:There's something that is bugging me.

The episode clips, that are on POI's Youtube channel, have better lighting/cinematography when compared to TV aired/torrent episodes.

Maybe it's just my perception. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same way for me as well. Shots are a lot darker in YouTube.

Chris Fisher titled this, "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Not sure if this old or new. If it is new, think it fits with the theory of filming preview material from a rough draft of 501, to be used in the SDCC promo.

ChrisTilford wrote:
Havoc1st wrote: I'd say Cold War > M.I.A... Except for cinematography and directing (Just because of those tracking shots Kevin Bray did). But Michael Offer did a really great job as well.
But performance wise, Amy's better in M.I.A. in comparison.
Yeah given the story in M.I.A was more deeply personal for root as we all know. That final scene with Amy and Michael...

ChrisTilford wrote:Chris Fisher titled this, "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Not sure if this old or new. If it is new, think it fits with the theory of filming preview material from a rough draft of 501, to be used in the SDCC promo.
It's new. Chris said it was Season 5 on Instagram.

Havoc1st wrote: It's new. Chris said it was Season 5 on Instagram.
Titles are often misleading, but this is very likely to be S5. Root appears to be in a suit (not her usual leather jacket), and best of my knowledge, she's never had any screentime with Finch in wardrobe like that. You can say she was in Prophets, but Fisher was in Los Angeles working on the Director's cut for Brotherhood, when that was being shot. So technically, he wouldn't have been around to take this pic back then.

Maybe the clip at SDCC have these 2 having one of their cybernetically philosophical pow-wows...

I so hope that's an actual shot, or that there'll be something like it. Go crazy with the cinematography! :D Or maybe they'll use something like that for the fledgling MPOV.

Whistler wrote:Or maybe they'll use something like that for the fledgling MPOV.
Like the sound of that!