Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

wow the Emmy nominations are announced next month... kind of forgot. i would just love for this to be that year for POI. Amy and Michael will hunt them down if they don't.

ChrisTilford wrote:Erik & Greg did one for Panopticon.
http://bit.ly/1GzQ7RH
Forgot about that one. Thanks! :)

Don't know who made this but um yeah im gonna that person a big thanks. oh and notice bear there because he gets action from both of them. it pays to be an animal. Rock on Shoot and Bark on bear!

GeneMod wrote: I want this. NOW. Hyperion is one of the greatest modern day SF books published, would highly recommend for all who haven't read it.
Thanks, Chris.
No problem. In addition to this, you must be real happy with what Syfy's dishing out now: James Corey's The Expanse, Arthur C. Clarke’s Childhood’s End/3001: A Space Odyssey, & Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. Anything else on you've read in the genre that you'd wish to see adapted (asking cause I could save it for my reading list too).

And also, given HBO picked up the rights to just the Foundation trilogy, Jonah'd have to bring about additional material to give it some legs. Do you suppose he could try to rework some of the concepts he developed for Interstellar which wasn't used in the final film, and have them in this? It may've been a bit complex for the general film audience, but for a TV show, I suppose it could be explored in much detail...

If you haven't read this: http://www.allyngibson.com/?p=29026
Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 13th, 2015, 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Well, I suppose Jonah could rework some of those concepts for Foundations, such as the fractal lifeforms. I haven't read the books so I have no idea if that would work.
As for me, I would like to see Alastair Reynolds' Pushing Ice or maybe his Revelation Space trilogy. As for the SyFy channel, I have to admit I don't really watch them unless I hear praise for a series. Most of the time, I find they spew out pretty mediocre stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't check very often.

GeneMod wrote:Well, I suppose Jonah could rework some of those concepts for Foundation, such as the fractal lifeforms. I haven't read the books so I have no idea if that would work.
As for me, I would like to see Alastair Reynolds' Pushing Ice or maybe his Revelation Space trilogy. As for the SyFy channel, I have to admit I don't really watch them unless I hear praise for a series. Most of the time, I find they spew out pretty mediocre stuff. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't check very often.
I see. Thanks dude. I'm also considering reading Dune, and some of Charles Stross, Arthur C. Clarke, Philip K. Dick, Stephen Baxter, David Brin, Charles Sheffield, & Peter F. Hamilton's work as well. In terms of Space Sci-Fi, Steven DeKnight (Spartcaus/Daredevil) is also working on one for Starz called Incursion. io9 billed it as Halo meets Band of Brothers. It's been in development for quite a while (writer's room already assembled), but requires tremendous financial commitment, which has what caused the delay in being greenlit. DeKnight's won't be showrunning Daredevil in S2, so I guess that might help in bringing this to fruition.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/S ... 55337.html
Last edited by ChrisTilford on July 24th, 2015, 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.