The Dark Tower (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Runtime is 94 minutes.

Lol. Just like a romcom.

Smh, that really seals the deal on how shitty this movie will be. No way they can tell any sort of cohesive and conclusive story in such a short runtime. The thing that really bothers me is that Stephen King has been so on board with the project. Like, really? You hate The Shining but dig this?

BroskiSabor wrote:Smh, that really seals the deal on how shitty this movie will be. No way they can tell any sort of cohesive and conclusive story in such a short runtime. The thing that really bothers me is that Stephen King has been so on board with the project. Like, really? You hate The Shining but dig this?
Stephen King's taste in film is one of the weirdest. So whenever I see him talking about anything that has to do with film... I just ignore it lol.

It's hilarious to think that people have been indoctrinated into thinking you can't tell a good story in 90 mins

Nb: this is likely rubbish, just the concept in general

It's hilarious to think that people who are posting in this thread believe The Dark Tower will be bad because it's 90 minutes or that you cannot tell a well rounded story in 90 minutes.

RIFA he hates The Shining and that's all there is to know.
Last edited by m4st4 on July 18th, 2017, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think it's the concept but people expected this particular movie to be at least 2 hours long.

I guess, based on the length of the book, that's why they're dissapointed. But even if it was 3 hours, it probably still wouldn't be enough to cram everything they wanted into one movie. Whether it's 90 minutes or 3 hours, they'll still would have to count on MANY deviations and omissions from the source material.

m4st4 wrote:It's hilarious to think that people who are posting in this thread believe The Dark Tower will be bad because it's 90 minutes or that you cannot tell a well rounded story in 90 minutes.

RIFA he hates The Shining and that's all there is to know.
I'm not saying you can't tell a well-rounded story in an hour and a half in general. After the disappointing trailers, though, this runtime really seals the deal imo. And I wouldn't say that if I hadn't read the books.

Joke's on me, though, as I'll more than likely be in the theater opening weekend giving them my money to see the film.

Trailers + the actual content + run-time = yeah sign me out