The Old Man and the Gun (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
while it’s not revolutionary or anything, this was a darn slick film and felt straight out of the time period it’s set in

really good stuff

It's just such a damn delight, feel good film of the year honestly. Whoever said it was basically a nicecore Heat remake was right though and I didn't mind that at all.
there's even a fucking cafe scene :lol:

Even from Pete's Dragon, it was evident that Lowery is α talent to watch out for.£

as much as I'd like to I probably won't catch this in theaters.

A Ghost Story fucking wrecked me, one of the best movies from last year.

-Vader

This was sweet. You immediately feel it the moment Redford and Spacek have their dialogue scene in the cafe.

Redford, Spacek and Affleck were all good. I thought the score made the film feel a bit too whimsical, which imo wasn't necessary. I loved the fact that it was shot on 16mm.
It was quite nice they used a shot of Redford from The Cave in the prison escape sequence.
It really did feel like Redford's goodbye on film, and it's a pleasing note to end with.

This movie was really nice and really cute! Redford was amazing in this and Affleck was great too.
loved the scene where they talk in the bathroom. They really worked really well together.
Spacek and Redford were great! I also loved the scenes with Affleck Sumpter.

Just such a great feel good movie all around.

really slick movie. loved it

also RR looks great for his age