The Social Network will win best film at the oscars

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RomanM wrote:You do realize that Oscar voters AREN'T from our generation and generally DON'T exactly LOVE films based on our generation. These guys are much older and have tunnel vision. Social Network AIN'T winning... PERIOD. I'd put 100 million dollars on it.
co-sign...

The Tree of Life, True Grit, Hereafter or Black Swan and even 127 Hours have better chances to win the best pict than The Social Network...

The Dark Knight was a movie everybody said will win best pic hands down and it wasn't even nominated so... I think you're just hyping the sh*t out of TSN for nothing in return...

I've read the screenplay, and out of what I've seen about the film, I'm very much anticipating it. I think it could win an award.

Next year there will be a film:
Most useless thing ever created(true story about the creator of twitter)and it would also get over-hyped for nothing just like this piece of garbage...

Mr. Caine wrote:Next year there will be a film:
Most useless thing ever created(true story about the creator of twitter)and it would also get over-hyped for nothing just like this piece of garbage...

lol but thats not what the movie is about

lol@ calling something a piece of garbage....Peter Travers has already called it the film of the decade.

talli wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Next year there will be a film:

lol but thats not what the movie is about

lol@ calling something a piece of garbage....Peter Travers has already called it the film of the decade.
He called it the movie of the year not decade. :oldmanface:

JRM
I really want to see this, but I'm not a HUGE fan of Fincher. I don't get the love for Se7en (found it to be very predictable and the first half was soo slow), and I also predicted the twist for Fight Club 15 minutes in (but still found the movie overall to be very enjoyable). However, I LOVED Zodiac. I think it's fantastic. Oh, and I also liked Panic Room quite a bit.

JRM wrote:I really want to see this, but I'm not a HUGE fan of Fincher. I don't get the love for Se7en (found it to be very predictable and the first half was soo slow), and I also predicted the twist for Fight Club 15 minutes in (but still found the movie overall to be very enjoyable). However, I LOVED Zodiac. I think it's fantastic. Oh, and I also liked Panic Room quite a bit.
true.

Seven isn't that unpredictable as people love to say... I found it actually very predictable I mean... it has a very straight forward story... and the twist is visible from a thousand miles ... same goes for the usual suspects where you know from the beginning spacey is the main twist...

Fight Club I found it again to be pretty predictable as far as the narrative story... it has beautiful shots though (camera work is huge)...

Zodiac is the better film in my humble order... as far as ending twist... and unpredictability.

RIFA wrote:
JRM wrote:I really want to see this, but I'm not a HUGE fan of Fincher. I don't get the love for Se7en (found it to be very predictable and the first half was soo slow), and I also predicted the twist for Fight Club 15 minutes in (but still found the movie overall to be very enjoyable). However, I LOVED Zodiac. I think it's fantastic. Oh, and I also liked Panic Room quite a bit.
true.

Seven isn't that unpredictable as people love to say... I found it actually very predictable I mean... it has a very straight forward story... and the twist is visible from a thousand miles ... same goes for the usual suspects where you know from the beginning spacey is the main twist...

Fight Club I found it again to be pretty predictable as far as the narrative story... it has beautiful shots though (camera work is huge)...

Zodiac is the better film in my humble order... as far as ending twist... and unpredictability.
I think both Zodiac and Se7en are VERY good action/crime/triller genre films and Fight Club is just a masterpiece...
As for what tali wrote:who cares that some critic called this best film of the decade-he could called this film of the century and I still woudnt gived a shit...When I saw the trailer i said to myself:Wow,this is gonna suck big time(acting in trailer was horrible and there is obviously no decent plot)
Last edited by Mr. Caine on September 9th, 2010, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think this movie is gonna be good.

People are gonna see JT is a pretty decent actor and Jesse Eisenberg is gonna prove he has more going on then Michael Cera. He got some shit for zombieland. People said he was a Cera copy. I was one of them. But I can tell no way Cera could pull this role off.

I'm not gonna see this movie and think "This is just how Facebook was created". I just wanna see a well made Fincher film and I think that is what it's going to be.

BUT I'm pretty sure it's not going to win best pic. Like 100% sure.

Unless its just Brad Pitt screaming "WHAT'S IN THE BOX!!" the entire running time. ;)
Say Girl

I think it will get a lot of Oscar hype, but ultimately the academy has a lot of older voters, and they won't come together in large enough numbers to support 'the Facebook movie'. So I doubt it's will win best picture.