Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Will Poulter for Joker please ;)

Edit: sorry for 10th post m4

So DCEU, DCAU, DCTV, and now a DC Elseworlds universe separate from the DCEU.

I'm not onboard with this. Maybe instead of having one shared universe, DC should have just made one off movies all this time.

akv1984 wrote:So DCEU, DCAU, DCTV, and now a DC Elseworlds universe separate from the DCEU.
im taking a break from the forum for a week after reading this sentence

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
akv1984 wrote:So DCEU, DCAU, DCTV, and now a DC Elseworlds universe separate from the DCEU.
im taking a break from the forum for a week after reading this sentence
and i guess dc is going to flashpoint elseworlds characters if those movies are successful and integrate them in dceu

don't make it a month solo.

m4st4 wrote:I just realized... specifically mentioned 80s setting means continuous support of Scarface Joker. Fuck this.
:facepalm:

Will Poulter would certainly be interesting as the Joker

What if all this DC stuff is a ploy from Warner Bros. to try to get more content to put on their DC exclusive streaming service?

As of right now, they don't have nearly enough content to justify a stand alone streaming service just for one brand. So they gotta churn out more stuff for it.

These Elseworld movies might not even be released in theaters. It will just go straight to stream.

Nomis wrote:Will Poulter would certainly be interesting as the Joker
well shit, Poulter would have been better than Leto

What, as edgy gangsta with 'damaged' tattooed on his forehead? Son nobody elevates that bullshit. Ayer writes like a high schooler. Leto went for the prize but it was a landmine.

m4st4 wrote:What, as edgy gangsta with 'damaged' tattooed on his forehead? Son nobody elevates that bullshit. Ayer writes like a high schooler. Leto went for the prize but it was a landmine.
Yeah, I'd still say Leto is the better actor than Poulter and he's definitely a leading man material, whereas Poulter not so much... but he's also very unlikable. Obviously I don't know the guy but there's just something about him that annoys me (and not only me). Jake Gyllenhaal's got the acting chops, the leading man face and the likability.