Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Poor society, how can we continue as species after... a movie? Piece of art that is supposed to invoke discussion among viewers, ideally.

Seriously, what’s with the overwhelming number of hot takes with this one.

Dude, chill the fuck out. Nothing wrong with taking a piss lmao.

Who fucking cares, the way the film is received is more telling of the person watching it than the film itself, or as Phillips said, or of the lens you see it through.

Was there this kind of discourse with The Dark Knight? God damn, cancel films actually about something ! You can't censor yourself because of the countless nutjobs out there who will see your film and find themselves inspired and vindicated, that sickness is already in them.

Did Taxi Driver raise those kinds of issues as well back in the day? As long as a film doesn't clearly encourage a fucked up character's ideals and morals, and literally tells you "nothing wrong with that", it's all fair game, and if the film inspires that much discourse, that means that it, Phillips and Phoenix clearly did something very well here.

So what you’re saying is I can start now. Got it. Which rhymes with Gotti. I’ll be watching Gotti everyday until the revolution comes to an end.

Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:25 pm
Why would I chill if I wasn’t at boiling point to begin with?

Basically, why specifically so snappy? I’m discussing a clear trend.

m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:27 pm
Artemis wrote:

Ya sure you're not at a boiling point?

It's just people making jokes. If it makes you mad then leave the thread lol

Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:28 pm
m4st4 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:27 pm
Artemis wrote:

Ya sure you're not at a boiling point?

It's just people making jokes. If it makes you mad then leave the thread lol
Or, perhaps, read again previous posts and rethink the energies. I’m at my room in Prague chilling, surfing and posting in various threads. Meanwhile, you’re being antagonistic and now even suggesting I should probably leave thread? Perhaps I will, perhaps I won’t.

Lol bro okay. We'll stop oppressing THE GAMERS

Artemis wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm
Lol bro okay. We'll stop oppressing THE GAMERS
Who is we?
When did I mention gamers in my first post here today?
Again, why are you so antagonistic?

My post was clearly a comment on both twitter narrative and critics somehow labeling this movie and acting like it’s a detonated pop culture bomb and the premiere is still far away. How about let the movie hit the cinemas first, let audiences decide if they want to collectively put a clown mask, even after IT part II, and start rioting on the streets... or not?

But I get it, it’s been a rough patch irl and now my previous sarcastic commentary on gamers is coming back at me like it’s relevant to my original post. I get it. ;)

Chill pill? Always advised.

So my tinfoil hat theory is that the IT movies and the clown shit that happened was all a very well calculated marketing move for the Joker kino. It all happened for a reason.