Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Anyone got a link to the leaked vid?
:facepalm:

Allstar wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Bacon wrote:
I take it you completely ignored the part where I said I was already spoiled against my will?

Saw that leaked footage. That is, indeed, some kind of kino we have here. I was having an anxiety when watching it.

Bacon wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 4:05 pm
Allstar wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Bacon wrote:
I take it you completely ignored the part where I said I was already spoiled against my will?
That doesn’t mean you should double down and watch a bootleg video. :roll:

Bacon wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 3:53 pm
Like did absolutely no one make mirrors of this thing? I already got spoiled so I'm curious what the execution is. Don't want to see the entire thing, just the main thing people are talking about.
MR H Reviews on YT posted a video reacting to the footage. You can watch it there till his video is still up.

- This was flawed, but I was glued to the screen the entire time.

- Phoenix does his best Travis Bickle impression. In fact, much of the film reminded me of Taxi Driver.

- Arthur Fleck is a fully-realized character, and Phoenix's powerhouse performance had a lot to do with that.

- Though I really enjoyed the film, I think it had many dramatic moments that would've been even more effective under a more capable director. That said, Joker is yet another step forward for Todd Phillips. He has potential.

RT score is slowly falling--at 81% as of this message. Interesting to consider if the biases of North American critics are persuading their opinion of the film considering it was much more highly received in Venice.

It might also be worth noting Top Critics is currently rotten.

Skyab23 wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 7:16 pm
RT score is slowly falling--at 81% as of this message. Interesting to consider if the biases of North American critics are persuading their opinion of the film considering it was much more highly received in Venice.
It’s probably just not quite as good as Sideways.

Skyab23 wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 7:16 pm
All we bring to movies are biases. The only difference is which ones.

-Vader