Mary Queen of Scots (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thought I already made a thread for this a while back?

Saoirse Ronan stars in the lead role of Mary Stuart, opposite Margot Robbie as Queen Elizabeth. Scripted by The Ides of March screenwriter and former House of Cards showrunner Beau Willimon, the film is based on the biography My Heart Is My Own: The Life of Mary Queen of Scots and follows the young Mary’s claim to the English throne and how it threatened Elizabeth I’s sovereignty. Josie Rourke, artistic director for the Donmar Warehouse, makes her feature directorial debut on the project. Cinematography by John Mathieson (Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, X-Men First Class, Logan)
Rest of the cast includes Jack Lowden (Dunkirk) as Lord Darnley, Joe Alwyn (Billy's Lynn's Long Halftime Walk) as Robert Dudley, Martin Compston (Sweet Sixteen), Brendan Coyle (Downton Abbey), David Tennant (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) and Guy Pearce (Memento).

Synopsis:
Mary, Queen of Scots explores the turbulent life of the charismatic Mary Stuart. Queen of France at 16 and widowed at 18, Mary defies pressure to remarry. Instead, she returns to her native Scotland to reclaim her rightful throne. But Scotland and England fall under the rule of the compelling Elizabeth 1. Each young Queen beholds her “sister” in fear and fascination. Rivals in power and in love, and female regents in a masculine world, the two must decide how to play the game of marriage versus independence. Determined to rule as much more than a figurehead, Mary asserts her claim to the English throne, threatening Elizabeth’s sovereignty. Betrayal, rebellion, and conspiracies within each court imperil both thrones – and change the course of history.
Filming has begun, while a release date hasn't been chosen yet it's most likely getting a release in 2018. Produced by Focus Features and Working Title.

What's wrong with her tan.

Thing is Jarrotts film is real good so this is potentially pointless.

It also has the benefit of Dalton in high camp mode.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Thing is Jarrotts film is real good so this is potentially pointless.

I'm quite fond of Vanessa Redgrave and still somehow omitted it, thanks to The Crown thread it's on the list now.

m4st4 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:Thing is Jarrotts film is real good so this is potentially pointless.

I'm quite fond of Vanessa Redgrave and still somehow omitted it, thanks to The Crown thread it's on the list now.
I forgot about Cromwell because it's shit but it features a perfect performance by Alec Guinness as Charles I... depends if that is of interest or not

It also has Dalton in high camp mode

ArmandFancypants wrote:It also has Dalton in high camp mode

niceee and that link includes a new pic of the film as well