The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jax_Teller wrote:Thank you those who keep defending the show.

What I would like too, even if it sucks to some people is to recognize that the writers arent hacks, and that writing a script, a story is much more difficult than a lot of you and others give it credit for.
Are you a writer on this show or something? :lol:

Funny how I always get asked that "Do you work on this or something?" everytime I defend a movie or a tv show. I don't see anyone else raising any eyebrows when some here or on other messageboards are trashing this or other stuff. I'm passionnate, and if some can trash this, I have the right to defend it.

But let's not fool ourselves, all of those who say they're done with the show after every single episode will be back for the fourth one ;)

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
What also really bothered me is that Andrea is waiting for Milton to reanimate. She knows it's going to happen. She's never played dumb to me contrary to most of other viewers, but man what was she thinking at this moment?
She's not waiting.
She does for a few seconds look at him, while trying to free herself

In that situation, I think it's normal to be a tad distracted :D But yeah, I was still pushing for her "Hurry fu ck !"

I agree with the argument that it's all about survival and all...
but it's a fucking TV Finale, make something interesting for your last episode

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
didich wrote:THE WALKING DEAD: Deceased Daryl Dixon Joins the Undead
First, the spoiler tag isn't made for nothing, secondly, I'm glad this is fake.
Nice episode and really unexpected ending. Andrea's death made me cry a lot more than I expected it to. I completely lost it when she said to Rick "I know how the safety works". :(
I'm laughing so hard at people complaining about the plot not moving on. Plot? What plot? This is just about survival. Anything can happen. Stop watching the show and go suck on Lannister's dick if you're not happy. :lol:
This was a great ending. It reflects season 2's finale, where Ricktatorship starts, to finally see it die for good. The assault was a bit disappointing though, and a dozen or more armed people running away from just two shooters was wtf to me.
my ass

anyone excusing this show with the survival argument is bonkers

by that logic it could've stopped there and just be a fictional documentary on postapoc survival

this is a show with a story and with characters that's supposed to involve good writing, any 'survival' argument here is absolute bullshit

mad men could've stopped at designing posters and commercials cuz it's about advertising
sopranos could've stopped at the regular whacking of an X thug
the wire could've stopped at the occasional street gang shootout because it's about the reality on the streets you see

that would've been inexcusable as much as this

this show isn't even about survival anymore

where's the survival in poor strategic decisions? even when they're SUPPOSED to be poor the result is retarded because it centers a whole season around a retarded character and then tries to excuse it with 'BUT I DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO DIE'

brilliant

survival

my ass

read any article on how some moneygrubbing whores from AMC used their power to get Darabont off the chair so that they'd give the show the idiotic treatment and cripple it creatively

the way they're at it a lot of people will rather watch a show about fishing or fucking paint drying than this one about 'survival'

seriously, what excuse is there when a show about survival does something as stupid as the mounted gun moment?

or pretty much any other moment in this part of the 3rd season

i defended the fuck out of season 2 which makes me even angrier now

there was some article where some guy said that the whole sequence with Andrea on the chair is a parody of the show itself

EDIT: FOREST GUMP WOULD'VE DONE A BETTER JOB than Andrea

fuck, considering his luck he'd have probably saved everybody with his left hand while playing pong with the other

damn even this guy would've done it better

Last edited by prince0gotham on April 1st, 2013, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I agree with the argument that it's all about survival and all...
but it's a fucking TV Finale, make something interesting for your last episode
It was interesting to me, different expectations and all......

I wish Darabont had stayed on, that's true, but Mazzara did a fine job. Gimple made some of the best episodes this season (he did Clear, an incredible episode), so we're in good hands. I remember all the bashing with the farm arc, I had no problems with it, never found it boring. TWD is never boring to me, but yeah, I think it's time to stop understanding others and just enjoy the show. Opinions are opinions.

Jax_Teller wrote:Funny how I always get asked that "Do you work on this or something?" everytime I defend a movie or a tv show. I don't see anyone else raising any eyebrows when some here or on other messageboards are trashing this or other stuff. I'm passionnate, and if some can trash this, I have the right to defend it.
Because you defend it to the point where you come off looking like you think they can do no wrong. Just like the heavy criticizers can come off the exact opposite. You can't forget they're also passionate about it. ;)

I've had issues here and there with the show, but there's plenty that I like which keeps me watching. My expectations are lowered for season 4 because of all the build up and filler this season only for a lackluster finale. I had pretty high expectations for season 3 and it's possibilities (partly from reading the comic). It started off well enough, but they've been dragging things out longer than they should. A great finale where those things came to a head would have been satisfying.
Now we have to wait six months and who knows how many episodes to get some resolution with the Governor.
Plus, they treated one of my favorite characters from the comic horribly and killed her off prematurely.
prince0gotham wrote:there was some article where some guy said that the whole sequence with Andrea on the chair is a parody of the show itself
I thought the same thing. :oops:
Last edited by Caekzor on April 1st, 2013, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
didich wrote:THE WALKING DEAD: Deceased Daryl Dixon Joins the Undead
First, the spoiler tag isn't made for nothing, secondly, I'm glad this is fake.
If it had been a real spoiler I would have used, but it was an April Fools joke so I wanted people to read it and get angry. :lol: :P Sorry anyway.
Last edited by didich on April 1st, 2013, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Not seeing too many positive reviews :modesty: I was quite hoping that the finale would revive my faith in this show, cause it's just too inconsistent having few great episodes and the majority of average ones at best. Anyway, seeing this tonight, hoping it's not that bad, though I'd have to admit that this is the weakest series that I'm currently watching, can't even be compared to such great shows like Mad Men, Homeland, GoT or Boardwalk Empire :roll: