The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
S03E15:
Brilliant.
S03E16:

Omgggg the end my Daryl

Yep. This episode was not only written by the writer of Clear and 18 miles out as we already know but also directed by the guy that directed Clear. While the writer pumps heart into the story with the course of it, the director seems to be very good at pulling great performances out of the actors. While I don't think it's as good as the others (for several reasons) it's probably the most emotional. Half of the episode is kinda ruined for me but only because of what has lead up to this. The Glen and Maggie story line is far from a strong one and Rick's going back to his old self not only reminds of what unbelievable development that character went through, but now it even seems like it had been pointless all along. If now he goes back to his old self, upon rewatch this season would be even less interesting for Rick.

His speech was nice though and I'm pretty sure that the 'WE ARE the greater good!' - line was a direct refference opposing to

from the comics, which shows this writer has some thinking skills. Hopefully he'll manage to compensate for the pointless path the show had taken for Rick as a character, although he'll have a lot to compensate for.

Although this is a very good episode, what annoyed me the most is the fact that Rick didn't seem to consider that the Governor might be trapping them. It's so random, like, he basically told the Governor in episode 13 that nothing proves that he'll stop if they give him Michonne, and then two episodes later, it looks as if he's never considered such an idea. And what's worse is that neither Hershel, Daryl or - worst of all - Merle suggested that. The character development and the writing are really sloppy sometimes...

Furthermore, I feel like the supportive characters' deaths are now very predictable. You can really tell Hershel's gonna be next, for instance. He got to have lots of screentime lately, just like this episode was all about Merle, and it seems as if the writers wanted to develop the characters all of a sudden during the very last episodes before making us feel something for their death. This starts to become really uneven.

The ongoing writing/characterization issues came to the fore in that episode. A complete mess.

Fucking intense and emotional episode, definitely the best of the season behind "Clear". :clap:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

s3e15: This Sorrowful Life
So many feels. I cried so hard yo.

small things first
I liked that Glen and Maggie's engagement was practical and subtle; it could of so easily been cheesy.

Rick changing his mind about Michonne isn't really about the "greater good", it's because he lurves her :P lol enough of my fangirling.

It may seem like Rick is becoming the old Rick we use to know, but he's not. The Ricktatorship started immediately after Shane's death, so Rick sort of embodied him into his leadership; which proved to be the right adaption at the moment, since the whole group survived the Winter. Now almost a year later, the circumstances have changed and errrrbody has adapted accordingly so Rick no longer needs that style of leadership anymore - especially since it was messing him up ala Shane.

There were a few instances when members of the group were trying to change Rick's mind before he did, like Merle describing how the Governor's mind works and Daryl letting Rick know that Michonne wanted to stay and protect the group via barb wire traps.
now to the goooood stuff
When Merle said to Michonne "I can't go back" I initially thought it was because he betrayed the group and once again disappointed his brother. But on second viewing, Merle does not want to go back because he doesn't want to rot in the prison, or anywhere. He knows he cannot survive without narcotics. So instead of "opting out" in the prison, Rick gave him the opportunity to be a matyr/kamikaze victim. During his final act, Merle was drinking brandy/whiskey, but he wasn't satisfied - he actually looked numb.
I hate myself for degrading Merle's demise to being a junkie, because he was actually a smart fellow - using the phone dial as finger cuffs was impressive and that plan to take out the Governor was genius and almost worked - but that's what it came down to in my eyes.

Before Merle let Michonne go, I wonder what her role in his plan was going to be?

That last scene, with Daryl and walker Merle: Brilliant. :clap:
It's certainly what I had been waiting for and I'm happy there weren't any surprises. I was bawling myself sick along with Daryl. omg and the way he cowards away when Merle first approaches... :cry: my poor baby. Daryl is gonna be so riled up for the final battle yo.
I'm really gonna miss Michael Rooker - he was a real scene stealer.
y u make no sense?
What really irked me about this episode was the time-distance thing. I mean most of the episode took place on one day, before noon. I mean Daryl really only should have found Merle at about late afternoon when it gets dark. but whatever, at least we know he won't miss the final battle :P
Next week, I have no idea what to expect. People gonna die, but I'm interested in seeing the war tactics.

SPOILERS ABOUT NEXT EPISODE
I heard it's not the final battle. The Governor won't die, and the season 4 will go on with the prison. Also, there's one major character left to die. I seriously hope it's anyone but Daryl.
Now for Daryl (this is a theory about next episode, so no true spoilers), I have my own theory that
he won't be seen in this finale. We don't see him in the promo, and I think he'll be wandering around in anger and grief just like Rick did after Lori died. He's clearly angry at the whole world. Daryl's Daryl, no matter how much he has softened up.

I'm pretty sure the Governor won't die. I expect a death coming out of nowhere in this 16th episode (Carl's gonna go soon, it is a child, he will grow up too quick for the show soon). So happy it isn't Merle because I would've killed myself to know a finale spoiler :evil:

SomeFrenchToast wrote:SPOILERS ABOUT NEXT EPISODE
I heard it's not the final battle. The Governor won't die, and the season 4 will go on with the prison. Also, there's one major character left to die. I seriously hope it's anyone but Daryl.
Now for Daryl (this is a theory about next episode, so no true spoilers), I have my own theory that
he won't be seen in this finale. We don't see him in the promo, and I think he'll be wandering around in anger and grief just like Rick did after Lori died. He's clearly angry at the whole world. Daryl's Daryl, no matter how much he has softened up.
Judging by the title of the finale "Welcome To The Tombs", my guess is the prison group gets pushed back further into the prison somehow.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.