The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
And all those stupid decisions that you point out are surely all thought out in terms of an overall arc, not just events isolated on an episode. You can say that Andrea should have done this or that, bla bla, of course, that's what you expect as a viewer. I'd hate to be a writer on TWD checking out message boards, they must be shaking their heads at all this nonsense.

Jax_Teller wrote:What a great finale. Not surprised although to see many people displeased with it on Neogaf (for those who know), they're a bunch of whiners over there, but this takes the cake. Those are people who trash the show EVERY week and yet keep watching, fascinating stuff.

The most common complaint is: NOTHING happened in this episode, it was boring, bla bla,
Governor's arc has no conclusion
, bla bla, Carl is a dick, blabla,
we wanted a full blown war, and nothing happened
, blabla

This has to be one of the most misunderstood shows and yet still overwhelmingly loved (cue ratings).

If you read the comic book, it becomes clear quite fast that this is a show with zombies in the background, the main point is survival, what you got to do to survive, how you survive, the sacrifices, the relationships. There's a lot of talking in the comics, zombies arent the most dangerous threat, and that's the point.

One thing I noticed is that there's much less uproar when we get episodes such as the Season 3 premiere where practically nobody talks for the entire episode and we get a lot of zombie killing. As soon as there's a lot of talking (and there is, that's the point of the show), complaints arise, about the stupidity of certain characters (Andrea I'm looking at you), or their decisions.

I'm sure that Mazzara (doesnt matter now since he's out) and he said so in interviews, and the writers, think about everything in terms of arcs, and story, and Mazzara did say (but he was called out as condescendant) that he feels a lot of the meaning of all that is lost on a lot of viewers, and I agree. There is a lot of thinking in all of this, and just because the characters dont gun down zombies every 2 minutes, or talk too much, it gets trashed. And yet, the haters keep watching, that's interesting.

All I can say is, the ending of the season finale is very interesting, in that it defies expectations, and I like that, I like not knowing what will happen even though I read every single issue, it goes the opposite of what you expect, and that's what pissed a lot of people off.

The show is in very good hands with Scott M.Gimple who did some of the best episodes this season, but I'd say overall, that this is an excellent season, as were the first two.
Its not that we dont like talking. We want the talking to DEVELOP AND PUSH FOWARD THE PLOT instead of just wasting another hour of nothing but waiting. The comic has more talking and has a very interesting and not boring plot. That is all the show needs is better writers and show development. The governor should of died in the finale (they built up a huge ass battle) but that never happened and now we probably have to sit through 6-8 more episodes until he finally dies. In the comic there is a huge battle and all the shit goes down (they built it up perfectly for this and didnt do shit)

THE WALKING DEAD: Deceased Daryl Dixon Joins the Undead
AMC has taken risks with THE WALKING DEAD in the past by killing off major characters. Just last week, Merle was zombified, and now his little brother is sent off the show in a spectacular way.

In the Governor's attack, he floods the prison with zombies. The only way out becomes bottlenecked with the undead. Hero Daryl ingeniously sacrifices himself to save Carol and the group by hanging within the grasping reach of the "biters," successfully using himself as live bait until the others escape and the zombies inevitably rip his guts out. A pretty spectacular end to a great character that wasn't even originally n the comic.

While Daryl had become a beloved character, creator Robert Kirkman gave the reasoning behind killing him off.

"Daryl was created entirely for the television series, and replaced Tyrese as Rick's "best friend" type. Now that we've reintroduced Tyrese and brought him into the group, Daryl had to go."
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:THE WALKING DEAD: Deceased Daryl Dixon Joins the Undead
AMC has taken risks with THE WALKING DEAD in the past by killing off major characters. Just last week, Merle was zombified, and now his little brother is sent off the show in a spectacular way.

In the Governor's attack, he floods the prison with zombies. The only way out becomes bottlenecked with the undead. Hero Daryl ingeniously sacrifices himself to save Carol and the group by hanging within the grasping reach of the "biters," successfully using himself as live bait until the others escape and the zombies inevitably rip his guts out. A pretty spectacular end to a great character that wasn't even originally n the comic.

While Daryl had become a beloved character, creator Robert Kirkman gave the reasoning behind killing him off.

"Daryl was created entirely for the television series, and replaced Tyrese as Rick's "best friend" type. Now that we've reintroduced Tyrese and brought him into the group, Daryl had to go."
I feel like anyone could of wrote this.

ON the topic of daryl dying, it wouldn't be surprising because the show loves to kill characters and now it is becoming to predictable and stupid. I get that anything can happen, but that doesnt mean kill everyone at every moment just to have a WOW factor. If you do that then all the WOW factor goes straight down the shitter

Its not that we dont like talking. We want the talking to DEVELOP AND PUSH FOWARD THE PLOT instead of just wasting another hour of nothing but waiting. The comic has more talking and has a very interesting and not boring plot. That is all the show needs is better writers and show development. The governor should of died in the finale (they built up a huge ass battle) but that never happened and now we probably have to sit through 6-8 more episodes until he finally dies. In the comic there is a huge battle and all the shit goes down (they built it up perfectly for this and didnt do shit)

How do you know without seeing the rest of the show? You don't take a season on its own, the writers aren't retarded, they're not short-sighted. How was it wasted? Just explain to me, so I can have a laugh.
The Governor should have died?
Why, is that in the manual? You EXPECT that, everyone expects that, writers decided to go another way, you think it's just to piss you off? Nah, they're thinking long term and probably have something important set up for him, plus he's such a great villain.

"In the comic", bla bla bla, this is NOT the comic, Kirkman is on board with every change they make, you expect that to happen, they go another way, I don't see the problem, it's interesting to change that.

Once again, it's all about expectations. You don't get what you wanted, you're mad. Man, I don't even.......

Let's list what happens in this episode:
Carl becoming more and more like in the comics, cold, ruthless, detached, he already was, but him killing the boy is a BIG change.

The Governor who kept this facade for a long time, we saw he was crazy as fuck, but what he does, because he can't take his own soldiers deserting him, is a couple of steps beyond, he's crossed a big line here, it will be very interesting to see what becomes of him.

Rick has evolved all throughout the season, he learns to trust again and have faith in the last episode, and very last moments of the finale, he doesnt see Lori anymore, he's in some sort of peace. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Milton and Andrea have a nice sendoff, just mere pawns in the Governor's game, obstacles that got to see the real Him. Andrea is a misunderstood character I believe, Mazzara said they wrote her as she should be, meaning, she doesnt know what we know, and that says it all. Many as viewers called her stupid, I just don't see it.

That's just on the top of my head.

Jax_Teller wrote:What a great finale. Not surprised although to see many people displeased with it on Neogaf (for those who know), they're a bunch of whiners over there, but this takes the cake. Those are people who trash the show EVERY week and yet keep watching, fascinating stuff.

The most common complaint is: NOTHING happened in this episode, it was boring, bla bla,
Governor's arc has no conclusion
, bla bla, Carl is a dick, blabla,
we wanted a full blown war, and nothing happened
, blabla

This has to be one of the most misunderstood shows and yet still overwhelmingly loved (cue ratings).

If you read the comic book, it becomes clear quite fast that this is a show with zombies in the background, the main point is survival, what you got to do to survive, how you survive, the sacrifices, the relationships. There's a lot of talking in the comics, zombies arent the most dangerous threat, and that's the point.

One thing I noticed is that there's much less uproar when we get episodes such as the Season 3 premiere where practically nobody talks for the entire episode and we get a lot of zombie killing. As soon as there's a lot of talking (and there is, that's the point of the show), complaints arise, about the stupidity of certain characters (Andrea I'm looking at you), or their decisions.

I'm sure that Mazzara (doesnt matter now since he's out) and he said so in interviews, and the writers, think about everything in terms of arcs, and story, and Mazzara did say (but he was called out as condescendant) that he feels a lot of the meaning of all that is lost on a lot of viewers, and I agree. There is a lot of thinking in all of this, and just because the characters dont gun down zombies every 2 minutes, or talk too much, it gets trashed. And yet, the haters keep watching, that's interesting.

All I can say is, the ending of the season finale is very interesting, in that it defies expectations, and I like that, I like not knowing what will happen even though I read every single issue, it goes the opposite of what you expect, and that's what pissed a lot of people off.

The show is in very good hands with Scott M.Gimple who did some of the best episodes this season, but I'd say overall, that this is an excellent season, as were the first two.

I HOPE YOU ARE JOKING!!!

DEFEND IT IF YOU CAN!!!

DEFEND IT GOD DAMMIT!!

This is the moment where I needed HollywoodRape to RAPE this show in half...

didich wrote:THE WALKING DEAD: Deceased Daryl Dixon Joins the Undead

First, the spoiler tag isn't made for nothing, secondly, I'm glad this is fake.
Nice episode and really unexpected ending. Andrea's death made me cry a lot more than I expected it to. I completely lost it when she said to Rick "I know how the safety works". :(
I'm laughing so hard at people complaining about the plot not moving on. Plot? What plot? This is just about survival. Anything can happen. Stop watching the show and go suck on Lannister's dick if you're not happy. :lol:
This was a great ending. It reflects season 2's finale, where Ricktatorship starts, to finally see it die for good. The assault was a bit disappointing though, and a dozen or more armed people running away from just two shooters was wtf to me.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Stop watching the show and go suck on Lannister's dick if you're not happy. :lol:
Intelligent and well spoken.

I'm glad you love this show. You identify yourself in it's quality based on your over the top reaction.

Thank you those who keep defending the show (truth is, it's mostly a loud minority on the messageboards that's pissed, the 13 other million and such viewers don't).

And yeah it's about survival (but hey, that doesnt mean we should forget about the story). The comic book seemed to be running aimlessly at some point and it got back on track, there's always a meaning and purpose here.

What I would like too, even if it sucks to some people is to recognize that the writers arent hacks, and that writing a script, a story is much more difficult than a lot of you and others give it credit for.

What also really bothered me is that Andrea is waiting for Milton to reanimate. She knows it's going to happen. She's never played dumb to me contrary to most of other viewers, but man what was she thinking at this moment?