A Rainy Day in New York (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The most ridiculous part of this whole circus is, that there has been no new revelation about Farrow/Allen's case. There is nothing new we got to learn other than what we already knew.

Ellen Page and Rebecca Hall didn't give two shits about trying to give a voice to Dylan Farrow back when Allen was helping in the matter of boosting their careers. They didn't even care long after being in the position of power and having the ability to do something for her.

But all of a sudden they are backing her now, because now it's the appropriate time. Because now the society demands it. Now people can't turn back to Ronan Farrow and say "Look, we appreciate what you have done for our movement, but concerning your sister's story, we are still not quite sure about that one, really."

Social movements should not be led by or take directions from celebrities, rather scholars and intellectuals, otherwise this is what we are left with.£

Chalamet is also donating his salary.

How brave. A nice little Oscar boost for him

ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 16th, 2018, 5:45 am
How brave. A nice little Oscar boost for him

Huh? The Academy adore Woody Allen. He's received 9 nominations (1 win) since Mia Farrow accused him of child molestation in 1992. If anything this could hurt Chalamet's chances.

Yeah. I don't think this was intended to boost Oscar chances. More like he wore a times up pin (if I'm not mistaken), cue backlash, and this was bound to happen anyway. The only thing people didn't expect or calculate was the size of said backlash thanks to what happened in October

ABFoundation@ABFalecbaldwin

Woody Allen was investigated forensically by two states (NY and CT) and no charges were filed. The renunciation of him and his work, no doubt, has some purpose. But it’s unfair and sad to me. I worked w WA 3 times and it was one of the privileges of my career.

ABFoundation@ABFalecbaldwin

Is it possible to support survivors of pedophilia and sexual assault/abuse and also believe that WA is innocent?
I think so.
The intention is not to dismiss or ignore such complaints. But accusing ppl of such crimes should be treated carefully. On behalf of the victims, as well.
Finally someone brave enough to use common sense and realize this case is a complicated one.

Let's see if he doesn't break under the pressure after this.£

well, i bet i won't see that on Twitter moments

though i've seen one for every actor that denounces him

or if i do, it'll be Baldwin's two tweets and then twenty more saying how stupid Baldwin is

Selena Gomez is being dragged by her own mother on Twitter because she refuses to give into pressure denouncing Woody and apologizing working for him. Also, Alec Baldwin is an intelligent guy. Great to see some logic being brought into this mess.