Avatar Re-release starts August 27

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Do you plan to watch the Avatar Re-release?

Poll ended at September 17th, 2010, 1:04 am

Yes
11%
No
81%
Not sure yet
7%

Total votes: 27

CrazyEight wrote:
PowerDump wrote:Avatar blows
Very constructive and thought out post.

i think he likes it. Is that a problem here?

why this topic? destroy cameron??

i think he likes it. Is that a problem here?
In what world does "Avatar blows" indicate that the person who wrote said comment likes Avatar?

Since when does saying something blows means you like it?

For the most part, I think James Cameron is an entertainer and business man before he is an artist. He creates movies to be entertaining, that's why he uses simple stories and characters. The audience isn't required to think much and can just sit back and enjoy the ride.

When I turn my brain off I can enjoy Avatar as a visually pleasing action film. When my brain is on however I realize that the story is shallow and cheap, the characters fit the standard bill for action films, and the dialogue is poor at best. James Cameron is a great director because he knows how to entertain. However his writing needs great improvement.

i was sure of that...

Im positive, thats it.

Maybe he's a haters like everyone here.

Saying something blows is essentially saying the same thing as saying it sucks, I'm not sure where you got a positive meaning out of that.

The first time I watched it, i fell in love with the movie's visuals. I knew that plot was meh, but while i was watching it, it really dint matter cos the 3D tech was revolutionary, and the action sequences were mindblowing. So i made the mistake of watching it a second time about a month later. It sucked. TOTALLY SUCKED. The novelty of the CGI had faded and I couldn't stop thinking how shallow the plot was throughout and cursed myself throughout the movie. :-(
In comparison to JC's previous movies, Avatar is a disappointment. The guy has made great movies like The Terminator, T2, Aliens, Predator, Titanic - we can watch them over and over again even now. There is nothing new about Avatar other than the 3D tech. And don't get me started on Sam Worthington. How that guy managed to become an actor and a highly paid one at that, i'll never know.
I didn't buy the DVD or BluRay of Avatar before, i won't in the future. :-)
I just hope that when Cameron makes the sequels, he focuses more on the plot than the CGI.

Oops. Scratch Predator and replace it with The Abyss. Hell, even True Lies is more entertaining than Avatar!

kanjisheik wrote:Oops. Scratch Predator and replace it with The Abyss. Hell, even True Lies is more entertaining than Avatar!
You know you could have done that yourself with the edit button.

Yeah, i know that mate, but i'm using my phone right now, and the edit and quote functions don't work through it. No idea why. :-(

CrazyEight wrote:
PowerDump wrote:Avatar blows
Very constructive and thought out post.
Aside from the cgi and some good action scenes, I felt the movie didn't come close to its potential at all. For such high reviews it got their are so many more movies that got worse reviews but had more things than Avatar that makes a movie great. After seeing the praise it got and how much a lot of people Iiked it I was thinking (but not expecting) it might be on par with Cameron's other scifi greats like Terminator, Terminator 2, or Aliens and it wasn't even close. I'm surprised James Cameron took a great premise and didn't go really far with it.