Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:I for one would like to hear Batfans thoughts on this film.
Well I’m not you. And don’t worry you’ll hear plenty of them. Was never the point though.

I don’t see you dwelling in threads about movies you disliked copy-pasting your own thoughts.

It's sarcasm mate.£

Sarcasm or not I was just thinking how I probably sound like a goddamn Grinch most of the time round here, sorry guys.

And sure, let’s hear Batfan’s thoughts.

It was a joke. I think we've heard them.

A lot.

m4st4 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I for one would like to hear Batfans thoughts on this film.
Well I’m not you. And don’t worry you’ll hear plenty of them. Was never the point though.

I don’t see you dwelling in threads about movies you disliked copy-pasting your own thoughts.
1) Hah, that's funny. For me to dislike the film would imply that it had any strong emotional impact on me. It didn't. It's bland in almost every way and once it was over it didn't linger in my mind. Sure, I gave it 7/10 but you probably know better than me whether I disliked it or not.
2) I am paraphrasing my own thoughts to provide context for my comments (like the TDKR/TLJ comparison for instance). Maybe if there were more substantive things to say about this film I wouldn't have to constantly reiterate: 'the acting was nice but the story, music, cinematography, editing, directing, etc. were just sort of meh'.
3) *In sarcastic voice*: Please more sarcasm. I have never heard that on this forum before. It is so novel. Also funny.

You keep saying the same thing and yet you don't engage in any of the counterpoints laid out elsewhere in the thread.

Don't complain when you (consistently) treat a forum like an echo chamber.

Best solution... move on dude id you're not interested in discussing the text.

I think if we all put our mentally energy together and believe hard enough we can actually will batfan out of existence.

Cilogy wrote:I think if we all put our mentally energy together and believe hard enough we can actually will batfan out of existence.
Breathe.

Just..... Breathe....

RE: Throne room
One of the aspects I've been stewing on is the throne room decision by Rey. Kylo's whole vision for the future is predicated on Rey joining him - once he's rejected he, uh, behaves like he's been rejected, buuuut...

If Rey lets the Resistance be obliterated does she potentially have an opportunity to make the galaxy a better place in joint rulership with Kylo? Since Kylo wants to break the cycle of endless opposition itself? Is the perpetuation of the Resistance arguably unhealthy as it precludes the "middle way" that Kylo wants Rey to help him with?

ArmandFancypants wrote:RE: Throne room
One of the aspects I've been stewing on is the throne room decision by Rey. Kylo's whole vision for the future is predicated on Rey joining him - once he's rejected he, uh, behaves like he's been rejected, buuuut...

If Rey lets the Resistance be obliterated does she potentially have an opportunity to make the galaxy a better place in joint rulership with Kylo? Since Kylo wants to break the cycle of endless opposition itself? Is the perpetuation of the Resistance arguably unhealthy as it precludes the "middle way" that Kylo wants Rey to help him with?
No.
Bad guys are bad.