Disenchantment (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Netflix Orders Matt Groening Animated Comedy ‘Disenchantment’
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/netflix ... 202505785/
Netflix has given a 20-episode pickup to the Matt Groening animated comedy “Disenchantment.”

“Broad City’s” Abbi Jacobson is on board for the voice cast along with Nat Faxon and Eric Andre.

The series from the creator of “The Simpsons” and “Futurama” is described as an adult fantasy about a crumbling medieval kingdom known as Dreamland. The central character is a hard-drinking princess Bean, her elf companion Elfo and her “personal demon” Luci. The first 10 episodes are targeted to premiere next year.

“‘Disenchantment’ will be about life and death, love and sex, and how to keep laughing in a world full of suffering and idiots, despite what the elders and wizards and other jerks tell you,” Groening said.

Groening and Josh Weinstein are exec producers for the Ululu Company. Animation will be handled by Rough Draft Studios, which worked with Groening on the Fox/Comedy Central series “Futurama.”

“Disenchantment” has been in the works for some time.

“Matt Groening’s brilliant work has resonated with generations around the world and we couldn’t be happier to work with him on Disenchantment,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix’s VP of original content. “The series will bear his trademark animation style and biting wit, and we think it’s a perfect fit for our many Netflix animation fans.”

in

ArmandFancypants wrote:in
like flynn

glad that this is finally happening

Can't wait to see the side characters.

August 17

So has anyone watched the show?

its very comfy. jokes are consistently okay. the voice actors are good

So is this worth constantly scrolling by on my way towards like a 5th binge-viewing of Star Trek: The Next Generation and repeatedly putting off even when I do have time on long weekends until I finally succumb months later and starting watching at like 2:00 am on a Friday night?