BBC's Sherlock

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
One interesting detail I noticed (SMALL SPOILERS FOR DOCTOR WHO SERIES 9):
Even though it's still a dream state, John asks Sherlock how he could survive the fall, to which he replies "elementary, my dear Watson" and tosses his hat before jumping.

In the penultimate episode of series 9, also written by Steven Moffat, the Doctor does something similar. He jumps out a window after throwing a chair through it. He threw the chair to tell how long it will take to hit the water below. It's likely that Sherlock throwing his hat served the same purpose. The way their fall is filmed even looks similar.

This was terrible.
Best episodes of BBC Sherlock were the ones without Moriarty and they are constantly going back to that prick. I don't care how you died anymore.

Didn't like this episode very much..
However, I loved that we got Moriarty back. Scott is a great actor, love his performance.

Nomis wrote:
However, I loved that we got Moriarty back. Scott is a great actor, love his performance.
Could not disagree more. I don't mind him in Sherlock, because I think he's written in a way where his performance becomes tolerable. However, outside of Sherlock? My god, I haven't been more annoyed by a performance since Will Poulter in We're the Millers.

m4st4 wrote:This was terrible.
Best episodes of BBC Sherlock were the ones without Moriarty and they are constantly going back to that prick. I don't care how you died anymore.
I sort of disagree but even in "Fall" (which is my personal favorite), Moriarty is the weakest link. It's like Arrow. They're letting the fandom control the show creatively and it's disgusting.

This was somewhat of a disappointment, but still an intriguing entry nethertheless.
I was honestly digging the whole Victorian Era, alternate reality a lot. Then it flashed back to modern day then it returned to the original timeline, and I just wasn't a big fan of it. I still have no idea if Moriarty is back, and I just don't want him to return because he's such a cheap villain to write. I think I dig the idea that both timeline's are just hallucinations of each other, but I seriously would have preferred picking one over the other.

BlairCo wrote:This was somewhat of a disappointment, but still an intriguing entry nethertheless.
I was honestly digging the whole Victorian Era, alternate reality a lot. Then it flashed back to modern day then it returned to the original timeline, and I just wasn't a big fan of it. I still have no idea if Moriarty is back, and I just don't want him to return because he's such a cheap villain to write. I think I dig the idea that both timeline's are just hallucinations of each other, but I seriously would have preferred picking one over the other.
I just watched it and I cosign with you.

Also, I feel like the show is almost getting lost in its own weirdness and metaphysical elements. That vibe has been around since Season 2, so it feels like we're not really getting anywhere in terms of story or character development.

It was like a massively disappointing cock tease.
Victorian era: handjob

Present era: delay

Victorian era: back to handjob

Present era: delay

Victorian era: back to couple of strokes, be a good boy now until I come back...

IN 2017!!!
Worst girlfriend ever.

If I knew this is what I'd be getting, I would've watched Inception.