Creed II (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
there's a moment where the movie shows kids playing at the Rocky Statue and it struck me that i haven't seen a movie that features fictional people idolizing a fictional character who has a real statue in that location that's a real life thing you can visit

also, this movie did not have enough Philly they said they were moving to L.A. 20 minutes in, and i got sad

Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 2:00 pm
there's a moment where the movie shows kids playing at the Rocky Statue and it struck me that i haven't seen a movie that features fictional people idolizing a fictional character who has a real statue in that location that's a real life thing you can visit

also, this movie did not have enough Philly they said they were moving to L.A. 20 minutes in, and i got sad
Still gets me everytime I see it.

Law wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:22 am
tbh this was better than Creed
I'm almost inclined to say the same too. Although many critics seem to be taking the fact that it hews more closely to Rocky than Coogler's film did as a negative, I really really liked that (especially after marathoning I, IV and Balboa beforehand).

Was an awesome experience with a crowd too. Sure it's a bit less finely crafted than Coogler's and on the nose and everything but it still takes you along the emotional ride effectively. Loved the score too

Not as good as its predecessor but surprisingly robust and improves as it goes on.
The coup d'grace of Ivan throwing in the towel is a brilliant cathartic synthesis of the woes of all three families. A real shock.
What did a film as atrocious as Rocky IV do to deserve such a wonderful rehabilitation by great sequels?