Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
DoubleD wrote:I love that Tarantino is making them jump through hoops. It'll be interesting to see if Netflix or Amazon get in the mix. More so Amazon.
Tarantino would never allow any of his movies to go on to a streaming service without having a proper cinema release, not in a a billion years.
I could see Amazon giving it a cinema release like they did with Manchester by the Sea. Plus letting him film it however he wants.

When someone mentions Tarantino, Nolan, PTA, Shyamalan like directors with Netflix in the same sentence is not only offensive to them, but to me as well.

Rohan wrote: but to me as well.
oh no

game over man, game over

Tarantino would cut off both of his nuts before giving his film to Netflix.

There has been a lot of press that the script focuses on Charles Manson and the murder spree he orchestrated, but I’m told that is akin to calling Inglourious Basterds a movie about Adolf Hitler, when the Nazi leader was only in a scene or two. Deadline reported months ago that Margot Robbie had been asked to play Manson murder victim Sharon Tate, and Tarantino has roles for — and has had conversations with — the likes of Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson, who’ve all starred in his movies before. But no casting commitments have been made so far.

The first order of business is to secure the studio that will finance, market and distribute a movie that will begin production in mid-2018 for a 2019 release. All of the majors are in except for Disney, which doesn’t make the R-rated milieu that Tarantino has always worked in. I’m told that the script has strong commercial appeal, and if there is a film of Tarantino’s it can be best compared to, it would be Pulp Fiction, which also was set in Los Angeles about a decade after this one. The film will carry a budget in the range of Django Unchained, and it is expected that the hard conversations will begin early next week, with a deal culminating within the next two weeks.
http://deadline.com/2017/11/quentin-tar ... 202199806/

Fingers crossed A24 picks it up.

BlairCo wrote:Fingers crossed A24 picks it up.
Yeah, A24 is definitely going to be able to come up with a budget similar to Django Unchained.

Margot Robbie confirmed that she's spoken with Tarantino for the role.

Ace
Leonardo DiCaprio To Star In Quentin Tarantino’s Manson Pic
Via Deadline
http://deadline.com/2018/01/leonardo-di ... 202241971/
EXCLUSIVE: Leonardo DiCaprio has said yes to starring in Quentin Tarantino’s new Charles Manson-themed movie, which will reteam the actor and director from 2012’s Django Unchained. The new film, Tarantino’s ninth as director, was scooped up by Sony and already has an August 9, 2019 release date. The deal is expected to close soon, and this will become DiCaprio’s first film since he won the Oscar for The Revenant.

Tarantino has already asked Margot Robbie to play the role of Sharon Tate, and as Deadline has reported Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt have been circling the project with DiCaprio for what is known to be two meaty male roles. DiCaprio’s will play an aging actor in the story that is being kept under wraps but is a Pulp Fiction-esque movie set during the time of the Manson murder spree in Los Angeles.

The release date coincides with the 50th anniversary of Tate’s murder at the hands of the Manson family.

The film is being produced by Harry Potter’s David Heyman, Tarantino and Shannon McIntosh, with Georgia Kacandes exec producer and line producer. Production begins this year, and is set with an $18 million California production tax credit.