Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:I think you're just a ridiculously paranoid Nolan fanboy.
I cannot deny that I am a fanboy of Nolan. It is just that I don't like the guy. While I find his films funny and entertaining I just find his films to be shallow. There is no depth. The dialogue and characters is amusing but seems to mirroring himself.
And who would want a science fiction film from Tarantino in which he rips off every great science fiction film.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:''Piranha 3-D is better than Inception''
''Knight and Day is better than Inception''
''Robin Hood is better than Inception''

Anyone saying this on this site would be instantanely qualified as a troll and a hater
Not everyone's going to like Inception.... Does not mean he hates Nolan.

Allstar wrote:

Anyone saying this on this site would be instantanely qualified as a troll and a hater
I think people who don't like Inception should be taken out into the street and executed.

Yeah but Tarantino's "Top 10" lists are always weird like that. You may say you consider his taste in movies to be poor, but he isn't exclusively discriminating Nolan's movies.
MyCocaine wrote:
“There actually is an idea. It’s a little flower right now. It’s a little bean sprout, but those bean sprouts tend to turn into beanstalks. This would be the first time I wouldn’t say, ‘No, not really.’ This is the first time I’d say, ‘Maybe.” It wouldn’t be a spaceship-y type thing — traveling through space, going to other planets — it would be more of an Earth-bound sci-fi thing, but sci-fi nonetheless.”
Since I am not a fan of Tarantino and knowing he is not a fan of Nolan as well as being a douche I almost interpreted that quote as an insult aim towards Nolan´s science fiction epic Interstellar.
To be fair, that description also fits things like Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who...

Allstar wrote:

Fair enough, let's just say he's definitely not a fan

So, I'm gonna ask you a simple question to NOT QT fanboys.

If I say that Chris nolan can't do movies like Pulp Fiction/Kill bill/Django would you agree to this ?

chinn70 wrote:So, I'm gonna ask you a simple question to NOT QT fanboys.

If I say that Chris nolan can't do movies like Pulp Fiction/Kill bill/Django would you agree to this ?
I'd think that Nolan could do them if he wanted to, but he prefers not to, it isn't his style.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
chinn70 wrote:So, I'm gonna ask you a simple question to NOT QT fanboys.

I'd think that Nolan could do them if he wanted to, but he prefers not to, it isn't his style.
ok then what's his style...?

so you think Memento/The Prestige/The Dark knight/ Inception are all one and the same.

Nolan can't do Tarantino and Tarantino can't do Nolan.

Quentin is also not the biggest fan of Kubrick or Lynch. At least i never see him talk about any of those movies, ever.

He's a crime genre guy, blaxploitation, horror, kung-fu, spaghetti western, comedy. Those are the genres he loves. But i would love to see him do a sci-fi even though i would prefer to see him return to 90's Quentin.

ok then what's his style...?
Watch his films to see, lol.

so you think Memento/The Prestige/The Dark knight/ Inception are all one and the same.
Not at all. But the tone and style 'share' similarities.

It's a lot like music. Maybe not exactly the same, but similar. There are many talented bands who 'could' do a variety of different styles if they chose to, but they don't because it isn't what they enjoy. It doesn't mean they 'can't' do it, they just prefer not to. And if you look at a band's/musician's catalogue, while each album is radically different, the style usually remains consistent.

I mean, I grew up with a passion for drawing. I was capable of drawing all kinds of styles, but I stuck to usually drawing a specific one. It didn't mean I couldn't change it.