Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth speaks the truth

At what point does she become a religious figure? The people at the movie theater don’t know who she is, she has to explain to them that she plays a supporting character in a film that’s showing there. We see her twirl around go weee it feels so good to be alive. Her character isn’t given anymore colors. It’s pretty simplistic. Charlie Manson is essentially portrayed exactly the same. When he appears we see him as a confident, normal, happy go lucky young guy, and that’s it.

The more you post the worse you get

kamarozy wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 12:24 pm
At what point does she become a religious figure? The people at the movie theater don’t know who she is, she has to explain to them that she plays a supporting character in a film that’s showing there. We see her twirl around go weee it feels so good to be alive. Her character isn’t given anymore colors. It’s pretty simplistic. Charlie Manson is essentially portrayed exactly the same. When he appears we see him as a confident, normal, happy go lucky young guy, and that’s it.
yaassss go off queen

kamarozy wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 12:24 pm
she's a religious figure to Quentin and to Rick and Cliff. the movie does this great thing where she's both the most naturalistic character in the movie, just a person living a day in their life, while also this ethereal presence that ultimately
invites Rick into the Pearly Gates. you don't get much more religious than that.

-Vader

Tarantino fapping to Chris Pine- :twothumbsup:
“I think one of the things that’s exciting about the movie is I am a huge Chris Pine fan,” Tarantino said. “Now, to me, of the actors of his age, he’s hands down my favorite — of that group, of that era, of those guys. Hands down, my favorite. When I saw him in the ‘Star Trek’ movie as Captain Kirk I thought he was making this movie. I mean I’m all aboard. And then it was so exciting to see him in ‘Unstoppable’ to get the Tony Scott treatment. He needed that to make him a movie star in my eyes. He’s filmed like a movie star and he looks it. He soaks in those colors, that lighting, those costumes. He completely holds his own against Denzel [Washington]. That’s what he needed to make himself a movie star.”

Tarantino said he’s still waiting for Pine to deliver another major movie star performance. “I think a case can be made that Pine hasn’t taken the next big leap from ‘Unstoppable,’” the director said. “Frankly, to tell you the truth, he’s been good in other movies [but] he hasn’t had that.”

Would Tarantino work with Pine? “I’m the biggest fan of him so if I had the right part, I would,” the filmmaker said. “I’d like to.”
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/01/quent ... 202203412/

My educated speculation tells me Pine was also his plan B for Rick Dalton if Leo could not do it. Fun rumor.

Would make sense since Dalton to some degree was modeled after Shatner.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:45 am
Would make sense since Dalton to some degree was modeled after Shatner.
QT admitted he had backup people in mind for Rick and Cliff in case Leo or Pitt had to pass, it was also reported around the time of casting that Pine was being considered by QT or met with him. If Pine played Rick, would have prob had to have a different Cliff tbh.

Yeah, could have been Hems as Cliff. Lol. QT is a big Ragnarok fan.

Anyway do you have any info on why Cruise passed on the role? Guy missed on a great opportunity and it was such a good role for him.

Just speculation but I think it’s a combo of two things. I think Pitt was always QT’s first choice but Pitt couldn’t do it because he was supposed to shoot WWZ2 with Fincher at same time. QT then looked at Cruise but he also had to shoot Top Gun 2, I do believe Cruise was def interested because QT said he’d still like to work with him. Anyway, WWZ2 got delayed/canceled and Pitt’s schedule freed up and the rest is history. Personally at the time I wanted Cruise when it was rumored but I couldn’t be happier how it all turned out.