Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

in the way that you end with "-Vader" i want to begin with "In Sculpting in Time, Andrei Tarkovsky wrote:"

lamo get dabbed on tino
in all seriousness though this does suck. did he ever consult Lee's daughter though? Mega Tino Nerd pls help.

Being arrogant sure has its setbacks from time to time.

Fuck the Chinese government.

Regardless of one’s political affiliations, the idea that someone would think it’s OK to try and get a film banned/edited because they didn’t like a 5 minute cameo that is at worst kind of problematic, but in no way actually insulting or inviting others to perpetuate harmful ideas, is in itself really bothersome and problematic

I feel for Lee’s daughter, especially since she lost her dad as a young child, but was this seriously the hill to die on?

It really isn't. I think she could have used this opportunity to speak more positively on her father instead of going after the movie like this with such furor.

i dunno. its easy to see how someone might protect their father's legacy when he isn't here anymore, however misguided it is.

-Vader

Ruth wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 3:27 pm
I feel for Lee’s daughter, especially since she lost her dad as a young child, but was this seriously the hill to die on?
QT's explained himself like 6 times and she kept speaking out to the public instead of addressing him privately as well. Not sure what else she wants him to do other than cut it entirely. QT may be arrogant or not, but I don't think a 5 minute cameo portraying an arrogant man in a heightened caricature kind of way is going to "ruin his legacy"