Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I just hope people don't forget Uma Thurman's story about QT but man, that thread Allstar linked to about organizing a #MeToo event had me feeling pretty angry.

I’m pretty shocked no one has so far been “calling out” or pestering Margot Robbie for agreeing to do this. Or maybe they’re saving it come premiere time.

The Bruce Lee thread was wild. It’s like OP and others recognize the strong possibility of that scene not being Brad Pitt v Bruce Lee, but a movie within a movie thing or Lee training Pitt’s character, but they’re like “nah I’ll admitt I was wrong if I’m wrong but for now lemme go off”. lmao.

I don't even care for that thread - started reading it, but to be honest, it's no different from any other bullshit reason to hate on any film. I don't want to single it out as something that is the result of modern trends, "triggered generation", etc. because you could go back anytime in any era of filmmaking and you would see a lot of people making up weird reasons to hate a film or a scene. It's just how films work, or any piece of art.

But yeah, it's amazingly stupid to dissect that one shot from a fucking teaser trailer and completely misunderstand its context. But I wouldn't want to spend more time on that twitter thread :D

BlairCo wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 8:46 am
I'm sorry Allstar...

why brad pitt looks like hybrid of sam rockwell and tom cruise in this poster?

Allstar wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 4:08 am
I’m so fatigued by the think pieces/tweets already.
Except most don't feature much "thinking."

Thinking about skipping the trailer. I was very happy with that decision for Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight.

Nomis wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:39 pm
Thinking about skipping the trailer. I was very happy with that decision for Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight.
How does one skip a trailer? Do you walk out of the theater when the trailer comes on or come to the theater late or close your eyes while the trailer plays? Assuming you do go to the theater a lot or if at all. Just curious.

Oh I do that with quite some films. I usually want to go in as blind as I can. Like, not having seen footage, not having read reviews and stuff like that. When a trailer comes on in theater I just read some shit on my phone or something, so I can lock my vision and hearing out as much as possible. I did the same with Interstellar, frantically, and I'm still so glad I did that. Afterwards I saw the trailers and I was stunned how much they showed.

So, as of yet not watching the trailer for this.