Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 11:06 am
The more it stews, the more I think Robbie’s Sharon Tate is QT’s best written character. I know that’s super unusual to say considering a large majority of filmgoers think she was hardly in the film at all. But hear me out: I think the constraint Tarantino shows with her presence is honestly the most humbling thing he’s ever done. In my opinion, it’s his best film character because it’s precisely not a film character. She’s the least “Tarantino” character he’s ever put on screen. She’s simply seen as... normal. I greatly admire what Tarantino did with it.
No offense, but I don’t think that qualifies her as his best written character. It’s a good decision though

What are the qualifications?

ChristNolan wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:07 pm
What are the qualifications?
saying the n word like every classic Tarantino character
i kid i kid put away the pitchforks now pls

Showing pretty good legs at the box office, will top Inglourious Bastards total and finish around 140 million maybe.

Cue the searchlights. Quentin's ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD scored $11.4M (-42%) this weekend, and in doing so, became the first film of the summer not based on pre-existing IP to hit $100M.
:clap:

QT responds to criticism of the ending at 28:50 and criticism of the Bruce Lee scene at 33 min. SPOILERS obviously. This is his first time talking about the ending in detail.

I'm not overly invested in Bruce Lee so I don't care that much one way or the other about that scene but QT nails it with the ending. The criticism is complete nonsense.

Seeing this in 6 hours 8-)

Booked four tickets for Thursday! 8-)

Seeing it tomorrow

Allstar wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 10:17 pm
QT responds to criticism of the ending at 28:50 and criticism of the Bruce Lee scene at 33 min. SPOILERS obviously. This is his first time talking about the ending in detail.

I'm not overly invested in Bruce Lee so I don't care that much one way or the other about that scene but QT nails it with the ending. The criticism is complete nonsense.
Doesn't matter. The fucker totally disrespected Bruce Lee. Can't blame people for being pissed. For a guy who talk shit about respecting the Asian's movies but the fucking idiot let the Weinstein shit all over their movies. It's like remaking a movie and letting Chuck Norris beating the shit out of Bruce Lee. What a fucking idiotic thing to say when Bruce Lee train to fight in real life and NOT IN THE RING. For a guy who BS saying he respected Bruce Lee doesn't even know anything about him and turn him into another stereotypical asian.