Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Really enjoyed this. Saw it in 35mm and it was glorious. This is top tier Tarantino and yet it's also so different from the rest of his filmography. Looking forward to a rewatch soon.

Skyab23 wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 8:38 pm
Really enjoyed this. Saw it in 35mm and it was glorious. This is top tier Tarantino and yet it's also so different from the rest of his filmography. Looking forward to a rewatch soon.
Odd, I didn’t notice any Trumpisms in this.

Tarantino’s ‘Hollywood’ Dazzles Industry With Raves From del Toro and Sold Out Oscar Screening
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/taran ... 202161663/

Industry is loving this movie. Bodes well for Oscars. Jason Reitman also called it a masterpiece. Don’t think this movie is divisive with people in the industry.

Yeah, already read the Chaw piece.

Cliff + Rick is the best thing QT has come up with in a long-ass time.

Hopefully finally getting around to seeing this this upcoming weekend. Seeing Vader say its like a combination of Jackie Brown and Basterds has me pretty stoked. Jackie Brown is definitely at the top of my QT ranking.

On second viewing, I was so moved I sat through the credits stunned and overwhelmed. You settle into its rhythms, like a sun kissed lazy river floating through Tarantino's exuberant Hollywood circa 1969.

i'll feel downright spoiled if I love TROS too and I wound up loving my two most anticipated movies of the whole year

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 1:25 am
i'll feel downright spoiled if I love TROS too and I wound up loving my two most anticipated movies of the whole year

-Vader
Don’t think you have much to worry about there!