Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lol who is this and why is he posting everywhere?

When you fail to have a civil diiscussion about the significance of a character in a movie on a film forum.
wHo Is ThIS GuY?!? iLl HaVe U KnOW I hAve BeeN A UsEr fOR 8 yEarS

Saw this with a group of friends. Almost all of them loved it. Sold out theater and heard several people after complain about the pacing.

the California dreamin sequence just captures the feel of that era and is one of my fave Tarantino moments

Leo still mvp for me. Robbies does all she can with the role and nails it. I feel people aren’t familiar enough with the history of the Murders so won’t appreciate Tarantino’s vision.

Vader182 wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:12 pm
B cinemascore. Despite the high opening weekend (looking close to 40 million), the best of his career, I don't know if this is going to leg that hard. I've heard from a lot of people the first hour feels really "aimless" and random, "nothing happens" and if you don't get the references it's totally alienating.

Lots of reddit comments to that effect along with some friends who aren't huge cinephiles but love most QT.

WOM will probably be similar to Hateful Eight rather than Basterds or Django. Hope to be proven wrong!

-Vader
I’ll hold out hope by the fact Wolf of Wall Street got a C CinemaScore and still went on to gross 392 million. Also, The Revenant had a slightly better B plus and did a whopping 533 million. Hateful Eight had no stars to carry it so it’s not comparable imo.

Allstar wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 6:08 pm
I’ll hold out hope by the fact Wolf of Wall Street got a C CinemaScore and still went on to gross 392 million. Also, The Revenant had a slightly better B plus and did a whopping 533 million. Hateful Eight had no stars to carry it so it’s not comparable imo.
Inception also got a "B+" by some unholy working of the Devil, yet it also got a 6x multiplier. There's no reason to worry about this movie flopping. It will make money. The question is how much. I'm not an extreme fanatic of Tarantino's so I'm not in anyway worried about whether it hits 250 or 300 or 400.

Vader182 wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:12 pm
B cinemascore. Despite the high opening weekend (looking close to 40 million), the best of his career, I don't know if this is going to leg that hard. I've heard from a lot of people the first hour feels really "aimless" and random, "nothing happens" and if you don't get the references it's totally alienating.

Lots of reddit comments to that effect along with some friends who aren't huge cinephiles but love most QT.

WOM will probably be similar to Hateful Eight rather than Basterds or Django. Hope to be proven wrong!

-Vader
This is likely the case, I manage at a theater and a lot of the casual filmgoers are not loving this movie. Heard many go with the usual and standard complaint of the movie being "slow" and "boring". Also seems to be very little interest for the flick among the younger millennials

Interesting man, thanks for sharing.

I went to a 7:15 showing (I walked out after an hour, the projection was dim as fuck) and the crowd definitely didn't seem to have a great time. Didn't laugh much. Opening night were clearly QT fans and my theater adored it, I'm sure part of that was having their eyes bombarded by an ugly and soft image, but still. It's telling.

My buddy and I are 28 and we were the youngest people there by 10 years or so. Gunna be very interesting to see how this legs out.

-Vader

I went to a 7:40 showing on Friday and there was a decent amount of people on the younger side. They also seemed to enjoy the movie as they collectively laughed throughout, and after it ended, there were two separate positive comments on it. Cinemascore matters more than anecdotes though. Going by that, people think it's decent but not the best.

Bacon wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 4:36 pm
Lol who is this and why is he posting everywhere?
Imagine Batfan, but worse.

Can I just say every time I've seen a QT film in theaters most of the audience has been like people 50 and over.

Weird.