Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Robbie is so stunning. I think I'm looking forward to her performance the most. The only Sharon Tate movie I've seen is Valley of the Dolls and Tate is so memorable in her role. I'm looking forward to see what Robbie does.

Has she got lenses in... ?

Nomis wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Has she got lenses in... ?
Yes

looks well done, you can often spot the lenses very easily

I thought they used CGI

Reading that article, safe to say, this could be QT’s most mature film next to Jackie Brown. And since Jackie Brown is my fav QT and in my top 10 of all-time, I’m excited.

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood by Quentin Tarantino (2 hrs 45)

“We were afraid the film would not be ready, as it wouldn’t be ready until late July, but Quentin Tarantino, who has not left the editing room in four months, is a real, loyal and punctual child of Cannes! Like for Inglourious Basterds, he’ll definitely be there 25 years after the Palme d’or for Pulp Fiction with a finished film screened in 35mm and his cast in tow (Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt). His film is a love letter to the Hollywood of his childhood, a rock music tour of 1969, and an ode to cinema as a whole.

In addition to thanking Quentin and his crew for spending days and nights in the editing room, the Festival wants to give special thanks to the teams at Sony Pictures, who made all of this possible.”
https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/pres ... uncements?

fuck

this is going to be quite something

fingers crossed for 35mm or 70mm screenings coming to Amsterdam

Panapaok wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 6:44 am
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood by Quentin Tarantino (2 hrs 45)

“We were afraid the film would not be ready, as it wouldn’t be ready until late July, but Quentin Tarantino, who has not left the editing room in four months, is a real, loyal and punctual child of Cannes! Like for Inglourious Basterds, he’ll definitely be there 25 years after the Palme d’or for Pulp Fiction with a finished film screened in 35mm and his cast in tow (Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt). His film is a love letter to the Hollywood of his childhood, a rock music tour of 1969, and an ode to cinema as a whole.

In addition to thanking Quentin and his crew for spending days and nights in the editing room, the Festival wants to give special thanks to the teams at Sony Pictures, who made all of this possible.”
https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/pres ... uncements?
Saw the news earlier today !!!! So fucking excited !!!! It's amazing, he made it !!

Director’s cut for Django on the way too.

this is premiering at Cannes in 35mm, so that answers the question a few days ago about QT/Richardson’s preference

i’m sure they’ll do 70mm prints as well, but i guess if you’ve got the option, go 35mm