Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Triggered era will turn this into another reason to boycott something just you wait.

m4st4 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 1:42 am
Triggered era will turn this into another reason to boycott something just you wait.
They’re already ahead of you...

https://twitter.com/melsil/status/11083 ... 46529?s=21

:facepalm:

It’s like... politically I am on the same “side” as these people..but just such stupidity.

There was a lot of people on twitter getting "triggered" by the scene of Brad Pitt's character fighting Bruce Lee in the trailer. They were calling it somekind of "white man" fantasy that Pitt would even be able to challenge Lee in a fight. They failed to realize that Pitt' character is a stunt man and alot of Lee's work in Hollywood back then was in training others and developing stunts for TV shows and films.

not only that, but shit man, even if pitt's character could best lee in a fight, how about we wait and see what the thematic intent of that could be.

Given the presence of Manson, I wouldn't be surprised to see a deconstruction of male power in a different way than QT has done in previous movies, especially Hateful Eight which has similar ideas on its mind.. QT building this up as a male power fantasy and only to subvert that *is* something he would do

but point being nobody fucking knows based off a trailer

-Vader

I’m so fatigued by the think pieces/tweets already.

Allstar wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 4:08 am
I’m so fatigued by the think pieces/tweets already.
So fucking tired, not even trying to get more than a peak at such mayhem theye days.

God, I had a dream about the RT score of this film, and it was 31%. And the RT consensus said something like "Unimaginative. Boring. Weird."

DHOPW42 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 6:37 am
God, I had a dream about the RT score of this film, and it was 31%. And the RT consensus said something like "Unimaginative. Boring. Weird."
I had a similar dream before Dunkirk was released. It was horrifying.