Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://collider.com/once-upon-a-time-in ... ichardson/
Richardson has been working with Tarantino since the Kill Bill movies and the DP “no jinx” believes Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is shaping up to be a “fantastic” film. It’s a long shoot—they were on Day 89 when I spoke with Richardson last weekend—but Richardson couldn’t contain his excitement about framing up two of the world’s biggest movie stars in the same shot:

“It’s beautiful. To work with Leo together with Brad… It’s Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, sort of the contemporary versions. These are two massive stars, and they’re so talented. Margot [Robbie] is also phenomenal and wonderful to be around. There are a number of people that you will see within the film that haven’t had as much exposure that are remarkable. We’ve got Dakota Fanning in the movie and she—phew, is she a powerhouse. It’s a great cast.”
“I think the tone of it is—it’s difficult to describe because it’s very fresh, but it oscillates between humorous, serious, spooky; it’s playful. It’s not easily describable, but it’s very Quentin. Very, very, very Quentin. Of course Al Pacino was in it and you’ve got remarkable monologues, but you also have remarkable small set pieces. It’s going to be a tremendously unique film.”
Holy shit !! I can't fucking wait !!

Nolan62 wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 2:31 pm
http://collider.com/once-upon-a-time-in ... ichardson/
Richardson has been working with Tarantino since the Kill Bill movies and the DP “no jinx” believes Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is shaping up to be a “fantastic” film. It’s a long shoot—they were on Day 89 when I spoke with Richardson last weekend—but Richardson couldn’t contain his excitement about framing up two of the world’s biggest movie stars in the same shot:

“It’s beautiful. To work with Leo together with Brad… It’s Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, sort of the contemporary versions. These are two massive stars, and they’re so talented. Margot [Robbie] is also phenomenal and wonderful to be around. There are a number of people that you will see within the film that haven’t had as much exposure that are remarkable. We’ve got Dakota Fanning in the movie and she—phew, is she a powerhouse. It’s a great cast.”
“I think the tone of it is—it’s difficult to describe because it’s very fresh, but it oscillates between humorous, serious, spooky; it’s playful. It’s not easily describable, but it’s very Quentin. Very, very, very Quentin. Of course Al Pacino was in it and you’ve got remarkable monologues, but you also have remarkable small set pieces. It’s going to be a tremendously unique film.”
Holy shit !! I can't fucking wait !!
Hell yeah. 8-)

Sounds like no Morricone. :lol:
(translated from German Playboy) "He calls out of nowhere and then wants to have a finished film score within days. Which is impossible. Which makes me crazy! Because that's just not possible. And I do not go there anymore. I told him that last time. But next time I will be tough. Then he can kiss me, "says Morricone, who received his second Oscar for his music for the Tarantino film" The Hateful Eight "2016.

"The man is a cretin," says Morricone. "He just steals from others and puts it together again. There is nothing original about that. And he is not a director either. So not comparable to real Hollywood greats like John Huston, Alfred Hitchcock or Billy Wilder. They were great. Tarantino is just cooking up old stuff." He does not like Tarantino's films, Morricone says in the Playboy interview, calling them " Trash. "

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 2:31 am
"The man is a cretin," says Morricone. "He just steals from others and puts it together again. There is nothing original about that. And he is not a director either. So not comparable to real Hollywood greats like John Huston, Alfred Hitchcock or Billy Wilder. They were great. Tarantino is just cooking up old stuff." He does not like Tarantino's films, Morricone says in the Playboy interview, calling them " Trash. "

Also expecting Tarantino haters to quote this ad nauseam.

Hey Morricone there's a thing called "not doing a job." If you hate QT so much, why not do that instead of complaining? Jeez

Bacon wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 4:37 am
Hey Morricone there's a thing called "not doing a job." If you hate QT so much, why not do that instead of complaining? Jeez
he's a surly 90 year old italian guy what do you expect. plus if what he said is true i'd react the same way

When you reach a certain age, your amount of fucks to give just dry up.

A pity we won't get a Morricone score of course, wonder who else Tarantino will be asking.

His take on Tarantino isn't a controversial one. Everyone knows he takes scenes from the classics and makes a collage out of them. He just manages to do it in a way that resonates with filmgoers today.

I'm not a big Tarantino fan but I get his appeal. However, at the end of the day I do love senior citizens going off on people :lol:

Lalo Schifrin or Michel Legrand pls

Senile.