Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

My body isn't ready.

Also, I want QT to go all out on The Scene. That is, if The Scene is even in the script. But I want audiences to feel truly uncomfortable with violence in a QT movie. It's been a while. His output this decade has mostly been about grindhouse/cartoony violence. He needs to go Haneke/Trier on our lazy thrill seeking asses.

Ace wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 1:44 pm
https://theplaylist.net/robert-richards ... um=twitter

Oscar-Winning Cinematographer Robert Richardson Reuniting With Tarantino On ‘Once Upon A Time’
hells yeah

@m4st4: I hope it isn't in the film... But I'm afraid it's almost a given because of the fact that she is a character in this film.

What's the thinking re the score/soundtrack? With a 'Once Upon a Time....' title it might be tempting for QT to get Morricone to write something for the film, even if it's one song, a la Django.

Morricone has to score this

Nomis wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 7:05 pm
Morricone has to score this
I doubt he will do it, and I heard that he wanted to retire.

The Sony pic has brought aboard Damian Lewis, Luke Perry, Emile Hirsch, Dakota Fanning, Clifton Collins Jr, Keith Jefferson and Nicholas Hammond in supporting roles for a lineup that already includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, Timothy Olyphant, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth.

As befits a Tarantino pic, the casting intrigues: Lewis will play the iconic actor Steve McQueen; Fanning is set as Squeaky Fromme, the Manson disciple who later tried to assassinate President Gerald Ford; Hammond will play director Sam Wanamaker; and Hirsch is Jay Sebring, the Hollywood hairstylist who was one of four victims in the Tate murders on Cielo Drive.

Perry is set to play Scotty Lancer, Collins is Ernesto The Mexican Vaquero, and Keith Jefferson is Land Pirate Keith. It’s the third Tarantino film for Jefferson, who also appeared in The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained.
https://deadline.com/2018/06/once-upon- ... 202405007/

Jesus this movie.

Don't care for Clifton Collins at all, but the rest of this cast is fucking insane.

m4st4 wrote:
May 13th, 2018, 2:24 pm

My body isn't ready.

Also, I want QT to go all out on The Scene. That is, if The Scene is even in the script. But I want audiences to feel truly uncomfortable with violence in a QT movie. It's been a while. His output this decade has mostly been about grindhouse/cartoony violence. He needs to go Haneke/Trier on our lazy thrill seeking asses.
He needs to go Haneke/Trier on our lazy thrill seeking asses.
Yeah I hope he'll represente it that way, but it will depends of the importance of the case in the story again.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
June 6th, 2018, 6:03 pm
The Sony pic has brought aboard Damian Lewis, Luke Perry, Emile Hirsch, Dakota Fanning, Clifton Collins Jr, Keith Jefferson and Nicholas Hammond in supporting roles for a lineup that already includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, Timothy Olyphant, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth.

As befits a Tarantino pic, the casting intrigues: Lewis will play the iconic actor Steve McQueen; Fanning is set as Squeaky Fromme, the Manson disciple who later tried to assassinate President Gerald Ford; Hammond will play director Sam Wanamaker; and Hirsch is Jay Sebring, the Hollywood hairstylist who was one of four victims in the Tate murders on Cielo Drive.

Perry is set to play Scotty Lancer, Collins is Ernesto The Mexican Vaquero, and Keith Jefferson is Land Pirate Keith. It’s the third Tarantino film for Jefferson, who also appeared in The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained.
https://deadline.com/2018/06/once-upon- ... 202405007/
Fanning will play Squeaky Fromme, Jesus, this movie must be shot tonight. I want to see it tomorrow.