Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

So apparently Brad is out.

Hopefully Cruise is in. He needs another dramatic role that isn't just regular Cruise Control.

It would've been great for Brad too, James Gray+Fincher+Tarantino, great sucession.

Apparently the role didn't quite fit Pitt anyway. And that QT's main choice was always Cruise. I just wonder if Tom will be busy with Mission Impossible or will he be a brat when it comes to $$.

Pulp Fiction AND Zodiac are being thrown around, describing this movie.

Really hoping Cruise says yes. DiCaprio and Cruise together saying Tarantino dialogue may just be too much charisma for my brain to handle.

I really think it comes down to two things for Cruise - does he want this (let's hope he does) and of course scheduling. He's doing Top Gun after M:I and I'm not sure if the script is done yet or what but he said on multiple occasions they're rolling the cameras sometimess in 2018/early 2019 perhaps. Maybe he can do both.

But we don't know yet how he will approach this, what kind of genre it will be, serial killer movie, or thriller ?

m4st4 wrote:I really think it comes down to two things for Cruise - does he want this (let's hope he does)
He's a fool if he doesn't. I just don't think Cruise gets that many offers from top directors anymore like he did in the 90's. He's got to take advantage here.

This may also go down as QT's final original screenplay. His characters, his dialogue. No wonder Russell, etc are foaming at the mouth to be included. Cruise would be stupid to say no. He doesn't need it financially, but it would do wonders for his legacy.