The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't know about most anticipated for me but I'll definitely see this. I'm anticipating more War Horse than this.

Vader182 wrote:http://collider.com/the-adventures-of-t ... on/103921/

Nobody listened. Years ago when they started making this I told everybody about this, but nobody listened.

Man I love being right. Most anticipated of 2011.

-Vader
Agreed, this is the highlight of the season for me.

Honestly, come on folks, why aren't you excited for this? It's like... a dream project in every way possible. The cast... writer... composer, director... source materiel... come on!

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Honestly, come on folks, why aren't you excited for this? It's like... a dream project in every way possible. The cast... writer... composer, director... source materiel... come on!

-Vader
I'm with you on this. But I get why others aren't so intrigued. Serkis, Peter Jackson, Spieberg, John Williams; it's very much a film for Spielberg/Weta fanatics (like myself). People just don't know what to make of it at the moment. Just wait, once it comes out everybody's gonna rave about it ;)

Vader182 wrote:Honestly, come on folks, why aren't you excited for this? It's like... a dream project in every way possible. The cast... writer... composer, director... source materiel... come on!
That's because Tintin isn't well known in the States. The majority of the fans are in Europe, South America and India.

NEW PICS:

Wow, those look fantastic!

-Vader

Here's an action-packed Spanish trailer:

Director Steven Spielberg and producer Peter Jackson’s Tintin comic book adaptation - which is internationally-titled The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn - will begin opening in theaters throughout Europe nearly two months before it reaches the U.S.

Hence why most of the latest theatrical and television previews released for Adventures of Tintin have been in non-English languages - and the latest (Spanish) Tintin trailer is no exception. However, just because you might not understand what the characters are saying, that doesn’t mean you won’t still be able to appreciate the shiny visuals and thrilling action sequences on display.

Adventures of Tintin is based on three Tintin graphic novels - “The Secret of the Unicorn”, “Red Rackham’s Treasure”, and “The Crab with the Golden Claws”, to be exact - by the character’s creator: acclaimed Belgian writer/illustrator Georges Remi (who wrote under the pen name Hergé).

Spielberg’s film therefore revolves around the efforts of intrepid journalist Tintin (play by Jamie Bell) and his ever-loyal pup Snowy to track down a mysterious ship known as the Unicorn - and uncover the legendary treasure of Sir Francis Haddoque.

The pair encounter many a colorful character on their adventure, including Haddoque’s loveably roughneck descendant, Captain Haddock (Andy Serkis); the well-meaning, but comically-incompetent Inspectors Thompson and Thomson (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost); and Red Rackham (Daniel Craig), a villain who’s after the treasure for his own diabolical reasons.

The Adventures of Tintin was also scripted by a crew of fan-favorite writers, including Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World), Joe Cornish (Attack the Block), and current Doctor Who showrunner, Steven Moffat. Given that all three of these gentlemen are known for crafting quality films/TV shows that boast a clever mix of genre elements - including fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, and adventure - their involvement is yet another sign that Spielberg’s Tintin movie will be something special.
http://screenrant.com/adventures-tintin ... dy-133697/

Pictures look FANTASTIC! :shock: Tintin is such a classic, I'll be lined up for this day one.

When the butt is this coming out?

chee wrote:When the butt is this coming out?
Christmasish. Fucking Europeans get it in October though.

Damn them all.

-Vader